Could some of you tell me about your cultures?

Sounds like a British culture to me especially the beer beer beer :joy:

Damn! That’s a lot thank you so much!!!

1 Like

I’m not too cultured ig, but I am part Filipino. All ik about that really is that we call our grandparents lolo and lola (grandpa, grandma). My grandfather immigrated here (the US) many years ago.
If you plan on making someone like me (mostly white but like some Filipino in me) what you should know is that the one cultural thing we do and my grandparents wanted us to do was to call them lolo and Lola and everyone in the family calls them that. I’ve legit never heard anyone in the family call them our grandpa or grandma when talking about them.
Also, (this is only from what my family has told me btw) even tho I’m only slightly Filipino I have very dark hair and eyes from that side of the family. Most Filipinos do as far as ik and in my family that was praised/acknowledged as Filipino features.
That’s the bit of culture that I’ve experienced.

3 Likes

I am an Indian. I think most of them have the skin colour Neutral 04 to gold 05

2 Likes

SK - Slovakia
You have the worst presients and everything here…

lol

1 Like

That’s helpful, thank you!

1 Like

your welcome hun

1 Like

Your Instagram post was really informative and interesting, I liked it! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I am Lebanese ( from Lebanon ). It’s an arab country in the Middle East, and I’m Muslim. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anything. And us arabs and lebanese have a lot more culture than some people think <3

Oh yeah of of course! I don’t have a specific question but if you wanna tell me some things I would appreciate it!

1 Like

Yes ofc!! Okay, so in Lebanon, i gotta admit : the food is AMAZING :joy: There are a lot of traditions, for example as a muslim, when it’s “eid el feter”, which comes right after ramadan ( which is rn, and ramadan is a month of fasting ), we all dress up nicely and kids earn money from adults or older people. Usually, we eat “waraa eenab”, which is basically vine leaves that are stuffed with rice and meat ( you can search it on google ). It’s one of my favs dishes ever!!! We are also very fond of our dancing, which is the “dabke”. Hmmm if we dive into history, there are soo many traces that were left behind, for ex romans, etc… you can find them in different areas ( baalbak, saida, tripoli, etc…). I know there are many things that i did not mention, but I gave you a small idea i guess :sweat_smile: I hope everything I said was clear, and keep in mind that Lebanon is sooo beautiful, even with all its problems, it’s still such a beautiful country :heart:
If you have further questions, don’t be shy and ask away !! <3

1 Like

Gosh that’s amazing! Do you guys wear certain clothes or hairstyles?

1 Like

I am a Mexican American, Meaning that I have Mexican roots but I am an American citizen.

Here are some stereotypes that are not true:

We are not all dark skin
We do not all speak Spanish
We don’t always eat beans and rice (We eat various of foods)
We don’t eat chili with everything
We do not party 24-7
We are not all criminals and felons

Somethings that are true:

We are hard workers
We like to have a good time
We value family a lot
We love to cook (most not all)
We are religious(most not all)
We are caring even if we don’t show it

2 Likes

Not really, however there is the “tarbouch” which is a traditional hat, but there isn’t a specific costume or anything, same thing goes for hairstyles <3

1 Like

Alright, thank you!

1 Like

No problem <33

Noooo, omg there was a girl who aswered my question below this post but i can’t find her account anymore. Please if u see this i asked abt the community episode.

1 Like

Do you remember the name?

No!! Omg. Something with princess ig, but im not sure!

1 Like

Did she have a profile pic?