Country names in a story

Is it better to use a fictional country name or a real country name in a (romance/action/) story? And why?
I need advise for my story

1 Like

It’s okay to use real continent/country/state/city names in a story. Many community authors and the Episode Team have done it.

2 Likes

non of it is better than the other.

It more depends in what context you use it …if it will be offencive or not related to the reality of the country then is probabbly sfer to go for fictional.

1 Like

thnks

1 Like

thanks for the advice
for ex a corrupt legal system
reading your comment looks like fictional would be better right?

fake country

If a reader from that country might easilly feel offended by how you describe it that I would go for fictional. Bur ir teally depends on what you are up to. Corruption is (unfortunatelly) pretty common so existing country might work too ir really bepends on the detail you will put in.

But if you feel not really sure than going for fictional vountry will be definitly safer for you.

But going for existing country is really OK in general. I many stories the country name isnt mentioned. Thats also a way how to do it… in case you do not really need to mention the name of the country or cities…

1 Like

thnks

thnksss

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.