Cover of my story (Opinions wanted)

This is the cover with the description: Me, a human made a deal with the devil. I just cant fall in love. Well,sounds easy right? Well thought wrong. I broke the rule and now I have the devil after me,seeking for revenge.
What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Is there no title yet?
Anyways, I feel like the cover doesn’t really depict much of the description.
The art must have been copied or heavily referenced from this picture of Moka Akashiya from Rosario Vampire:

images.jpeg

5 Likes

Overall this is good but as an artist I wanted to tell u tht u can details in eyes and hair it would look more good!

2 Likes

yeah, its was inspired of that. i drew the lines myself but I’m not good at creating art completely myself

3 Likes

but i used a different one that didnt look like this one… it was alot different than this one… but they have some simularities

3 Likes

At my opinion, the cover doesn’t look that catchy, maybe a more detailed one that “describes” more what’s going on would be a lot better (eg this girl with the devil as her shadow) The description also needs some work…

Better remove the double “well”

1 Like

You can’t say that it’s just inspired by it if the hair strands, eyes, and fangs completely follow the original piece. Tracing or copying is a serious issue in this community :((
Plus, having heavily referenced art for covers might get you in trouble.
Even if you drew the lines yourself, you still used someone’s piece. When it comes to the writing world, that could very well be plagiarism.

See how some, or most of the lines overlap the original:

4 Likes

what could the trouble be and is it fine if you say the art isnt yours and you give credits to the original + show?

1 Like

You can read through here to answer your question :>

And no, even if you credit the original, it is still not allowed. That piece wasn’t stated to be royalty free, and I doubt that the creator will give anyone permission to copy or trace it.

I don’t want you to run into copyright issues, so I’m warning you beforehand//

2 Likes

It just got approved… can i still run into copyright issues??

1 Like

Yes you’ll still run into it the moment you publish the story and people figured it out that it was traced from something else.

Episode does have the tendency to approve things like this, but just because it’s approved doesn’t mean it’s absolutely okay to do. :>

“But what if people don’t find out”
That’s on you if you still want to put it on your story. As an artist, it can get discouraging if an artwork of mine was traced by someone and even used it as a cover. It’s just not the right thing, you know?

If you need art for your story, you can search through art shops or Episode groups on Instagram since they are usually free. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ty for the warning, i chose to use 2 royalty-free pictures, are they allowed to use??

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since this is about cover art. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I’d think so, yeah-
But I don’t specifically know if copyright-free pictures of real-life people are allowed since it’s kinda a gray area :((

1 Like

I chose these pics, if it helps to get a better idea…

1 Like

I agree. People can flag ur story with evidence that the cover is traced and the cover will be taken down

2 Likes

hmm, as long as they are copyright-free, then there’s no harm in seeing if Episode approves. I’m not particularly knowledgeable about Episode’s approval team when it comes to horror/“scary”/“creepy” pictures-

2 Likes

hmm so it only takes the cover down, no further actions?

1 Like

The worst things they can do if your story is flagged (and proved) for copyright =

• Take your whole story down
  • Delete your Episode Interactive account
  • Delete your portal progress (It’ll revert back to a blank portal and you’d have to restart your whole story with a new email/send a ticket to the Episode support team)

Whatever would end up happening would not end well for you. Taking the cover down is not the worst thing they have the permission to do to your story since by uploading that cover you would be violating their terms of portal use =

By ticking the box, you are claiming that you have permission from the original creator of the piece to use it, you are claiming that you are following the original creators rules of use and you are also admitting to Episode that what you are uploading is either created by you or has been given the permission of use by the original artist. By violating that box’s rules, you can get in serious trouble with the law (:

1 Like

Ig i’ll ask my friend to create a cover… I’m not in the mood for this shit

2 Likes