[☆] Created's Story Reviews [☆]

Hello everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m currently in the planning stage for my third attempt at a first story (which will hopefully come to fruition), but I thought I could help out some already published authors with their stories as well. I’m offering free reviews (asking for nothing in return) for already published stories and hope to support authors in a way that they can make their story the best that it can be! This is what I will mention in a review:

• The things I liked
  • The things I didn’t like
  • Ways to improve your story
  • An overall rating out of 10

I’ll try to be as honest as I can be in the review without seeming rude. I will review the first 3 episodes, unless there’s a good reason for me to read more. All I ask of you is to post your story in a reply to this topic with the following information:

Author:
Title:
Genre:
Description:
Style:
Amount of episodes:

I can’t give a time frame for how fast I’ll finish your story and review, but I’ll try to get through them as quick as possible. If you ever feel like I was unfair to you, please do point it out!

Looking forward to reading your stories. :smile:

Sample Reviews: 1
Currently Working On: @S_Unique’s review (#2)

ME!! but let me finishe editing this first chap then I will send it to you!

Hey! Thanks for creating this thread! Here’s my story details if you would like to check it out and give me a review. Thanks :grin:

Cover Art:

Story Title: For The Love Of The Gang
Author: Miss Mac
Genre: Romance/Drama
Story Description:
Lucia has been in and out of foster homes since the age of 6 due to dramatic events in her past. That was until she was found by her uncle who had been searching for her for years. Lucia now has to get used to a new town, home and school while dealing with her traumatic past. The past doesn’t stay in the past when secrets, lies and new revelations come to light! Mature themes, choices, love, bad boys, thrills, action and much more. You don’t want to miss this. Let’s see how Lucia’s life unfolds when she meets bad boy Romeo!
Story Style (Classic, Ink, Limelight, Spotlight): Ink
Number of Chapters: 8 (ongoing)
Episode Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5815833123487744
Instagram missmac.episodes

Hey, thank you so much for creating this thread. I would love for you to review my story.:slight_smile:
Here’s the details to my story in case you want to check it out.
Author: S_Unique
Title: The Four Horsemen
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Ink
Description: 4 Sins. 4 Angels fell. 4 Horsemen rose. A curse was casted. And the battle of good vs evil is about to begin. CC/ Choices matter
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5482099054608384

Author: Karlon Artis
Title: Publicity Problems
Genre: Drama
Description: Samantha Xanders struggles with her fame after receiving unwanted publicity. Can she overcome the challenges of stardom?
Style: Limelight
Amount of episodes: 3 (complete)
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4689222272417792

Currently working on @missmac1’s review. I should have it done by tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Looking forward to it :blush::heartpulse:

Hello @Created I would like to receive a review. :smile:

Story title: Rewinded life.

Author name: Lia Lopez.

Style: Limelight.

Description:
What would you do if a galactic being gives you the power to go back and change situations that escapes from your hands?

Genre: Fantasy, comedy, romance, life.

Episodes: 6 (Ongoing - Working on chapter 7.)

Link:

Author: Shiran K.
Title: Santa’s Naughty List
Genre: Comedy
Description: Santa’s a loser who lost Christmas due to his divorce with Mrs claus and MC is a spoiled brat. What will happen when both of their worlds colide?
Amount of episodes: 6

I’d love a review. :slight_smile:
Title: Diary of a Middle School Teacher

Author: Marianna Escalante
Genre: Comedy/Romance
Style: Limelight
Chapters: 13 (ongoing)
Description: Mia moves to her uncle’s hacienda in Mexico to teach English at a bilingual middle school. But an old crush, her students, and two mysterious families complicate everything.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5621330624512000
Instagram: @episodemarianna

Hi! This is a really nice thing for you to offer to people! I just published my first story so a) I feel your struggle lol and b) if you have the opportunity to check it out, here is the info:

Author: JanesStories
Title: Designer Dreams
Genre: Adventure
Description: You are a high school senior with a passion for fashion design-- then one day, your whole world changes. Play to navigate the worlds of school, fashion, and romance.

of Episodes: 3

Link to Story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5430413977845760

Don’t worry about being rude; I am really open to any criticism. And if you ever need any help with your stories, seriously let me know.

:slight_smile: Jane

Author: Briana M.
Title: Sophisticated & Deceived
Genre: Romance
Description: Ashden, a 26 year old young woman learns that life isn’t about being emotionless and too sophisticated. Will a guy help her explore her emotions in life?
Amount of episodes: 14 ~ONGOING~
Instagram: @brianam.stories

@missmac1’s review:

First off, I was only able to review your first 2 episodes. Oddly enough, it seemed like Episode bugged put and when I went to play the third it started me back at the beginning of episode 1. I have limited time to play since I’m on holiday currently (hence why I’m posting this one day later than I said, oops!), so I’d rather start the next story than replay an episode. Hope you understand! :slight_smile:

Onto the review:

I’m personally not a big fan of these kind of “falling in love” stories, but I felt like you did a good job keeping my attention. The flashback to her childhood at the start of episode 1 really helped with that I think. It added a layer of mystery which made playing it more enjoyable. I did think you could’ve done without the flashing at the start of ep 2 where you summarised the nightmares. Since most people will likely play the first 2 episodes close to each other, it didn’t really add anything. That’s more of a nitpick than anything, though!

I think your story could’ve easily turned into feeling very cliché, but you managed not to give off that feel. I think a part of why that is, is because you had an interesting introduction with the flashbacks and long episodes to make the story feel more stretched out (rather than rushing into things like most of those stories do). I feel like I generally have a pretty good idea of where the story is heading, however, so I hope there’s plenty of twists ahead! If not, I’d say think about implementing some that could really blindside the readers, or at least give them an indication that not everything will be like what they might be coming up with in their predictions.

I can tell that you’ve put quite a lot of effort into your directing, which is a good thing! I don’t think anything you did was particularly inventive, but that’s not at all necessary. I think the amount of effort you put in really helped the story stand as well. The use of custom overlays were also a nice addition, and I’m glad to see you credited the people who made them! I wasn’t a fan of the colored transitions, as they were somewhat jarring and kind of took me out of the story. I think the contrast of going from a scene to a bright color to another scene is what made me pause, so I could consider making the transitions a bit more natural. I do think there was definitely a lack of choice, so I hope the amount of choices picks up in later episodes. You did mention in the story there wouldn’t be many for the first episode, but in the second episode there also weren’t many, barring a dressing game.

I do think you did a good job introducing the characters and giving them all the time to sink into the story naturally. The character design was pretty good as well, nothing that took me out of the story. I do think you could try and make Sam stand our a bit more rather than being your typical gay best friend. Some of the dialogue did seem somewhat forced to me, though. I think it’s mostly the more humorous dialogue I wasn’t always a fan of, but I recognise that’s also a more subjective case. Sometimes you injected it into the story to the point where it was somewhat distracting to me. The punctuation in your story could also use a second look if you’re striving for perfection in that field, but it was very readable nonetheless.

Overall, I don’t regret spending my time with your story but it’s not something I’m likely to continue, which is more thanks to personal preference than the quality of the story. I think you did a good job to make your story stand out in the sea of similar stories and I think it’s definitely worth continuing, barring some improvements here and there like I mentioned above. I’d rate your first 2 episodes 6.5/10 collectively, which I don’t see as a bad score at all! If you’d like reference, I’d consider a 5 truly mediocre, a 6 enjoyable and a 7 good.

I hope this review was useful to you, and I’m sorry again for only getting to review your first 2 episodes. I hope you feel like I wasn’t unfair or rude to you at any point, but if I was: please do call me out on it! If you feel like there’s anything I missed which you’d like my feedback on, do tell me and I’d be happy to give it to you as well! I did enjoy your story and I hope you keep writing it for the people who are following it. I wish you the best of luck with it! :slight_smile:

Next up is the review for @S_Unique. I hope to have it done in a few days at most!

I really do appreciate your long and detailed review! It is very helpful! It’s unfortunate you couldn’t go onto to the 3rd episode. It gave more to the story than just the romance side of things and looks into the De Luca family. I understand that my genre will not be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m glad you still continued to review :grin:
Funny enough I did think the same about the flash back in the second episode. Should have gone with my gut and kept it out as I had already put it in the first one. Thanks for the feedback on that. I appreciate what you are saying in terms of the transitions. Less is more and I agree it can take away from the story and be distracting. Thanks again for all your suggestions and feedback! :grin:

Hi @StoryWriter10, thank you for doing this! I would love it if you reviewed my story. :hugs:

Story Title: Soccer Moms: Blast to the Future
Author Name: Winter05 with Episode Royalty
Customization?: Limited
Style: INK
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 6 [COMPLETE]
Story Description: All it takes is one shot to change your whole life. Win or lose, nothing will ever be the same.
Instagram Names: @winter05.episode with @penroyalty
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6395210318086144

~ Winter :snowflake:

Hey, I’d like to get a review!
Author: Teddy’s Dollhouse
Title: No changes after a year…
Genre: Drama, Romance, Comedy
Description: Zen had a beautiful childhood until he was 10 years old with his father but after meeting a beautiful women who claims to be his true mother everything changes.
Style: INK
Amount of episodes: 2
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6385627538259968

Thanks for creating this thread! I`d love to get a review!!
Story title: Let the demon inside
Author: Nierido
Genre: Supernatural romance
Description: You have to move back to Dimwood. What will you find there? Love, death or supernatural friends?
Number of episodes:5
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4876381520789504

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: The mermaid’s love

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along!