Creating Male Characters

Hello Episode friends :slight_smile:

I am brain storming ideas for my first story. This is probably the hardest part! LOL I want to do something different, fresh, and exciting. So, Im leaning towards a story where the main character is male and the story will be through his eyes. I am big on diversity so I thought that would be fun for my first story. I am also tired of all the cliche stories with female leads lol

Anywho, My question is how do you write a male character without making it obvious that there is a woman behind it? I want to avoid readers having that moment where they’re like “a guy would never say that!” lol

Any tips would be appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

Maybe you can find a writing partner who is a guy, there are some great, male writers on the forums!!

2 Likes

Hey there @Shanni_D. I’m writing a story based on a male it’s called Second Chance At Life. Males, they all have different personalities. It just comes to instinct what guys won’t say. Give me your character’s personality traits

2 Likes

Kinda depends on the personality and life they live. I know a guy that has bad acne carries a pocket knife a lot (not harmful more for show and sheer bordem) And he loves video games. However I know someone who has a family and cracks stupid jokes a lot. Also the relationship with the character they are interacting with chooses the tone.

2 Likes

I havent 100% chose a personality yet but I think im leaning towards a regular guy thats pretty laid back but can be a little edgy. Maybe a ladies man but in a gentleman kinda way? lol idk He has a few secrets but tries to keep it hidden.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of stories where the mael characters keep saying ‘dude’ or ‘man’ every five seconds. That pisses me off :joy:

Just make sure the male characters are just as developed as the female characters and you should be fine. If you need any help feel free to pm me :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.