Creating title overlay

Help!
Can someone tell me how to create title overlay for your intro

Open an application like gimp, photoshop or pixlr, Use a Font Tool (usually the icon is the letter A) to type out the title name, (make sure the bg is set to transparency–most applications give the choice of Transparent, FG color, BG color or White background colors).

Once you are happy with how it looks (In gimp and photoshop, you can add shadowing/gradients–not sure about pixlr as I don’t use it.) export or save it as a .png file, then upload it to the portal for approval. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about overlays. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

To add to what Cole said, I use the Phonto app (I’m on iOS so I don’t think it’s available for Android?? Don’t know which platform you’re on). I upload a totally blank/transparent “image” and add text on top of that. You can download more fonts into the app too from dafont.com and other various font websites. If you need any help with using and navigating it - I’d be happy to help you!

Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you so much…this is very helpful…i’ll go do it now

1 Like

Thank you very much…all these are very helpful

Thank you so much :grin:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: If you can’t afford photoshop, pixlr is a decent alternative and gimp is basically free photoshop and you can download plugins like GMIC (which I use frequently when making backgrounds/edits) that have tons of filters/fixers for images. :slight_smile:
Good luck :slight_smile: