[Creator's Contest] Adventurous

Send your share link so we can correct mistakes, don’t publish it if you are not ready too. Since there is like 4 weeks left.

2 Likes

I have different way of writing so I have 3 unfinished chapters :smiley:

Oh thank you! I didn’t know I could use my share link without having to publish first chapters :laughing:

2 Likes

Reading, watching movies and tv shows, playing video games or even listening to music can really help with writer’s block! Remember that no plot is ever truly original; even Tolkien’s writing was greatly influenced by the Poetic Edda and Beowulf, among other works. Stories generally consist of the writer’s experiences + the media they’ve consumed and are influenced by. It might help to step away from your story for a day or two and look for inspiration in works you admire, as long as you’re careful not to plagiarize anyone.

5 Likes

I also find that the forum community also helps me loads. Maybe try reading/joining/creating some RPs or SGs in forums? :wink: @Greebabubba

3 Likes

I only wrote the description :joy::joy: :sob:

1 Like

Wow, Hmmm well… At least you can publish the description? Lmao.
I honestly don’t know what happened to me though… When I was younger I could write an episode in a day, (This was on old accs…) I think one of the stories on my old was “the kings daughter?!” I don’t know… I was into fairytales when I was younger… xD Moral is… I used to write episodes in a day and say they took weeks, Now I spend about a month to do 2 episodes… NEVER PROCRASTINATE. XD

3 Likes

I’m seriously considering just stopping

Thank you so much, this really helped x

1 Like

Yeah I used to take a couple of days but now a take like an year to write a chapter :joy::joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m so glad it did! You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, right?
Even if you don’t win, the contest is free advertising, so entering costs you nothing (except your sanity). And who knows, you might end up on that shelf!

6 Likes

You are so right!

I accidentally did the google doc before I published my story do I just re submit when I’m done.

I don’t think you can, like you can but I’m not sure if it would work

2 Likes

Tag @/Liz and ask.

1 Like

@liz what if I did the google doc before I published my story do I just resubmit when I actually publish it or it’s fine.

@Ciserdi I don’t exactly know if it applies but this may be what you might have to do when you publish your story.

3 Likes

I just have a half chapter left and them Im done.

I just keep writing chapters, but what is smartest? Upload the next chapters while the contest is on or when its finished?

2 Likes

You are so far ahead, still writing the first one. Will move on to chapter 2 in about 3 days. Yes, just keep writing.

2 Likes

Holy Moly! WOW! You’ve done so much. … I suggest you post the three just before the deadline to start with, then one or two during the 7 to 14 days, and then release another one or two after the winners are announced for a boost in readers for you (whether you win or not). :wink:

2 Likes