[Creator's Contest] Adventurous

Thank you very much for including this in this contest’s announcement post. It’s very much appreciated and hopefully it will clear up any confusion authors may have in the future! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For Spinoffs… it is like if a previous story has those characters and now there is a story revolving around those characters…

But if a story is on a new set of characters but slight mention of the characters from the previous story but not revolving around those previous story characters…would it be alright? So it’s not a sequel neither is it a spin off…

It’s something like how Marvel does it… the different movies of the superheroes but in each of them there is brief mention of characters from other stories…

Would this be ok?

2 Likes

I’m gonna join this contest, sounds very interesting :smile:

I’m READY TO PROBABLY FORGET A RULE AND FAIL BUT I’LL TRY MY BEST!!!

13 Likes

So being… could my MC do a exchange to France or something is this with the description?

1 Like

Do y’all think an apocalyptic event would classify in this adventurous story? IE: Zombies take over the world and mc has to survive (not what I’m actually going to write about)

5 Likes

Yes can. Adventures can be nearly anything though. I would read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

ooh yay! In that case, apocalypse, here I come!

For sure! :slight_smile: I think it all comes down to what your character does in that situation. If they are running and hiding, it might be hard to fit the “risk-taker” part of the prompt. If they are kicking zombie butt, however… :wink:

5 Likes

Okay, so I have a story idea (and I’ve outlined it as well) and I’m wondering whether it follows the theme. I don’t wanna spoil it because I don’t want people stealing my idea, but it’s a new experience for the MC (sort of, it’s for work, but it involves working with royalty which is a new experience for the MC) I’m gonna enter with this because I think it does count as a new adventure

2 Likes

So I actually might not enter because my computer’s freezing a lot which sucks but oh well :woman_shrugging:

Anyways, to everyone entering, have fun! :partying_face:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to work on my entry to this contest, I’ve never entered a contest but now I definitely will!

5 Likes

So we can mix other genres into this but it has to be strictly adventure or action, correct?

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s what the rules say

3 Likes

Okay thank you! It was just a bit confusing for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Idk if this even goes with the theme but I was thinking of doing an idea something like, The MC has the chance to become a princess but she doesn’t know anything about how to be a proper royal and she decides to take the chance anyways and she basically has to learn how to be a royal throughout the story idek it sort of doesn’t fit the theme…

YES!!! :smiley: I have a story Idea I have been working on in english literature and this theme fits it perfectly!
Could per chance the new experience be being kidnapped… xD

Because techniqually the story starts with the MC being kidnapped and although they have the abilities to escape they decide to stay sort of thing. Would that be allowed? :3 I’m excited.

Would I be able to use this story idea? I ask because I have already started on making the characters HOWEVER I had not worked on the story other then the characters themselves?

Possibly… although the story HAS to fit with Episode’s guidelines and rules, and Kidnap stories don’t usually do so. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Well in the story she more or less is staying by choice since she is basically deady enough to kill her kidnappers.

I’m not going to tell you whether you should or shouldn’t write this story, only that to me it sounds like you’re glamorising the whole idea of being kidnapped by saying that the MC wants to stay in that situation. Before taking any further steps in creating your idea, I only suggest that you take a look at this thread, which takes about this kind of thing.

4 Likes