[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

Hello Episode Creators,

It’s time to start the next Creator’s Contest. This is our annual Valentine’s Day romance contest. Without further ado I give you…

Your main character connects with a new love interest, but being too shy or otherwise unable to get their name and contact information your character goes to great lengths to try and locate this alluring stranger…

The specific guidelines are:

1. Your story must have "MC" in the title (for “Missed Connections”). Stories without "MC" in the title will be disqualified. While not required for entry it is strongly recommended that you format your title like this - “MC: Commuter Train Crush” This will help readers search for your story and identify it as a contest entry.

2. You must completely fill out this Google form after you publish your story. Be sure to include your story URL and NOT your share link. Your story URL is visible in the address bar of the web browser you use to access the Writer’s Portal and your script page. It should look something like this: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/My_Awesome_Story. (<- this part is very important, many, many people mess it up).

In the event that you send the wrong the link or make a mistake on your entry form, please send your story title, email address and the correct link in a support ticket so we can update your entry.

1. The primary focus of your story should be your main character trying to track down a mysterious or unknown new love interest. You MUST write in the romance genre. You can choose to set your Missed Connections story in any time period or location. You can, but are not required to use an actual missed connections ad in your story.

2. You may write in either Cinematic (full body, animated) or Spotlight (animated upper bodies) Styles or a combo of the two. You can use any art style you prefer.

3. We would love to see diverse characters in your stories! For example, characters who are people of color, non-heteronormative, or are of varying religions and socioeconomic backgrounds, just to name a few! To read more about diversity and inclusion on Episode go here.

4. The submission window is 8 weeks. Your story must be published no later than 11:59pm Pacific Time on Monday, January 28th, 2019.

5. You may NOT use or re-title a previously published story. This must be a new and original work that has not previously been published to Episode or another platform. Sequels, prequels, spin offs, etc. are not allowed.

6. If you are an official Episode Director or Partner you may enter the contest, but only with original work outside the scope of your contract with us.

7. Be sure that your story follows our content guidelines and is suitable for a PG-13 audience. Stories that do not follow these guidelines or which violate our Content Guidelines may be disqualified and/or have their story banned from the app. If you are any doubts or questions about whether elements of your story fit with our Content Guidelines please contact the Episode Review team here. We are happy to help you with ANY questions you might have!

8. Winners are determined based on highest levels of reader engagement, rubric score and fit to contest theme.

9. There is no length requirement for this contest. You only need to have 3 completed chapters published by the entry deadline. Your story may be a complete short story or may be continued after. Because this contest has a chapter minimum you CAN publish new chapters after the deadline. However, you may not substantially alter or change your published chapters after the deadline (other than to make minor corrections).

Fixing typos and errors are allowed after the deadline for contest entries. This includes things like character or speech bubble placement, spelling / grammatical errors or typos. You may not: add options to your CC, change or update your cover art, add additional scenes, choices, dialogue, backgrounds or overlays. When in doubt ask Support before you make any changes. Once the winner’s shelf has been made public you are free to make changes or updates to your story.

1. Remember to allow at least 3 business days prior to the contest deadline for your backgrounds, overlays and story cards to be reviewed. This means you should plan on submitting them no later than January 22nd, 2019.

Winners from this contest will be showcased in a special Missed Connections shelf in the Episode app and get a shoutout on our social media account! Winners will be announced 2 - 4 weeks after the submission deadlines passes as the stories need time to gain reads in the app and also for our staff to review them.

Happy writing!

Love,

The Episode Team

124 Likes

Yes A NEW CHALLENGE

7 Likes

Interesting :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

KRLJEWLRWJ

I DIDNT READ YET BUY YALL SNAPPED

5 Likes

UGHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS

WE STAN

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone :four_leaf_clover: :heartpulse:

11 Likes

Ooh this sounds cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooh!

Yall snapped. This is amazing. I’m off to creating characters now, bye.

8 Likes

Exciting!

1 Like

Omg! I totally wanna enter now!:grin::hugs::sneezing_face::star_struck::sweat_smile::joy::grin:

5 Likes

I guess a thriller with obsessive stalker ex-boyfriends isn’t going to cut it this time. :joy:

I can’t wait to see what people come up with :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Romantic suspense is romance though :smirk:

8 Likes

Omg! I might give this a go!! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Does this fit the idea you were thinking the other day?

2 Likes

I have 239582095820 stories so all of them do fit. :rofl:

The one I made polls about fits exactly the same. But I’m thinking of an entry with sub-genre Thriller. :shushing_face:

7 Likes

I know right! This sounds like a creepy obsessed stalker type of story. Not sure how “romantic” it is :rofl: But I’ll take anything I can :smirk:

11 Likes

Does it had to be a stranger? Can it be a person that MC once love(but LI doesn’t evem know she exists), but then they move apart, then come back together?

4 Likes

Agreed. :smirk:

1 Like

This kinda fits to one of my story ideas, but I wasnt planning to write in romance genre :thinking: Can I change the genre after the winners will be announced? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes