[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

Thank you! The story will be published by the end of the month.

Might join this contest :blush:

1 Like

Awwww we used to have these ads in the train-newsletter. Reminds me also of the time a very shy guy gave me a note at the end of a bus-trip. Mmmm those good old days :slight_smile:
Okay… I have an idea but I don’t think I can pull it off before end of January. War, soldier and nurse… :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I have a problem… is it a problem if I chose an title for the story, but now I want to change it. The thing is that the link still has the first title name, and I am not sure if that’s allowed.

Please help me!
@Liz

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fine : )

As long as it isn’t published yet, you can change your story name as much as you want (your story link will have the same first name that you chose and it will stay that way)

Like before, when we had to write Demi Lovato and Mean Girls in order to get the colored speechbubbles we wanted, we’d need to change the title of the story to fit the contest entry requirements.

However, despite changing our story name to fit the contest theme, the url still had Demi Lovato or Mean Girls in it but it was still fine to submit the story as an entry.

Hope it makes sense what I’m saying :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ohh you’re right!

I was almost scared that I had to start over creating all the characters :joy::joy:
Thank you so much!

I started writing 3 days ago and just read this… now I realize the whole theme is kinda wrong. It reminds me to that netflix movie called “Sierra Burgess Is A Loser” in which the story is supposed to be so romantic and stuff, but it ends up with a crazy-liar MC. I’m not sure whether to continue writing the story and submit it to the contest or leave it out of it changing the plot. I’m scared that it won’t get the same recognition as if it was for the contest if so but I’m not writing a story that normalizes wrong behavior :sleepy: ugh idk what to do :sneezing_face:

3 Likes

No problem :smile_cat:

Good luck! :cake:

And good luck to everyone else who enters :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

omg the self steem of my creativity’s wig just flew to pluto.

2 Likes

Oh, you! :smile:

I’m very good at making non-creepy prompts creepy.
This theme is definitely challenging :rofl:

10 Likes

I get what you mean, and that movie might be a good example of how a mysterious stranger plot can go off the rails. The consent of all people involved is important! I found SBIaL troubling in multiple ways.

Have you seen Love, Simon or read the book it’s based on? That plot also has characters connecting through secret identities, though they are honest about their secrecy, and it might be a better example of how to avoid accidental “catfishing” with a missed connection set-up.

I think if you take a creative approach and keep your characters honest and respectful when it comes to consent and the other person’s right to privacy, you can find an imaginative solution to avoiding stalker-ish pitfalls. At least I hope so!

Good luck. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there no contact between the LI and the MC after they meet the first time? Like say, my MC is looking for the LI and the LI leaves notes/clues to help (because they can’t contact the MC outright for a reason, such as a dangerous person is trying to prevent it) and the MC follows these notes/clues to gather the information to find the LI at the end of the story. Would that be allowed?

Personally, I think that would be allowed. It doesn’t conflict with the rules as far as I can see. Plus:

If they can have scenes together, then it certainly makes sense that they could also communicate indirectly, through notes or other messages.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg, you’re right. I mean, with this theme it’s like… very hard to keep things normal and pro-consent. but I guess I could work something out, especially because I’m starting to write it, I’ll see how can I change the plot to make it as normal as possible and also fit the contest’s plot requirements. thank u so much, after reading a lot of opinions I was kinda blocked from writing but I guess now I can go back to it! :partying_face:

1 Like

WUT…? I’m I’m America, it’s Almost Christmas here…

Would a story where “MC is marked by a creature at a young age, later on the story creature tries to find MC” be okay? It’s not gonna be romantic in the first episodes though.

1 Like

That’s reassuring! Thank you!

1 Like

Hows’ this: Gorgeous soldier is brought to field hospital. Nurse takes care of him/her. Although soldier is in coma, he/she can hear the nurse and falls for him/her. Then the nurse moves to an infirmary far away and the soldier has to remain in the hospital, no mobile phones or internet… will they find each other?

13 Likes