[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

First time using gains :sweat_smile:
So I would use if/else when it comes to that scene, and have the scenes twice but for each gender?

1 Like

Exactly! The scenes will be the same but you’re just replacing it with another character.

This thread might help with gains

2 Likes

Thank you! That reduces the number of lines I’ll have by, well, a ton :upside_down_face:

1 Like

LL or INK?
In LL, it’s around 8500 lines with no spaces between dialogue but it’s actually more of a data limit that a line limit. CC doesn’t take up much data and I do have a LL episode with around 9200 lines (includes a limited CC template). But after the line “increase”, it went from roughly 7500 lines to 8500 but I believe it’s more based on your coding rather than the lines if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Does that include CC? You might be okay.

2 Likes

Yeah, a LOT of CC :sweat_smile: I had 8800 lines, but removing uneeded spaces it went down to 7800

3 Likes

Thanks, right now I have… a quarter or so including CC and gender choices.

1 Like

I think it’s more of a data limit anyway. So if you had a space between every line of dialogue, you could probably double the “lines”. I have a spotlight story too and because the coding is simpler, I was able to include roughly an extra 1000 lines of content.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know how far you can push the line limit with CC, but I do know that it doesn’t take as much data (even back in the days when the INK limit was around 13k, it was possible to get to around 16k or so if you had CC).

2 Likes

Joining this is cool!

1 Like

What date do you have to publish your story by?

“The submission window is 8 weeks. Your story must be published no later than 11:59pm Pacific Time on Monday, January 28th, 2019.”

6 Likes

I really want to enter but i don’t have any good ideas :sob:

3 Likes

Some people have put their ideas here so read Them and you might get some inspo :wink:

1 Like

try this, maybe could help you :grin:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/mis

i realize i cant do much with cc because of art scenes i guess.

Thanks I have a really good idea

1 Like

Is it okay if you finish your entry, then publish but after the deadline you make another version but in a different art style?

I don’t see why not?

So excited to try out a contest for once. A little romance/mystery sounds real interesting. Fingers crossed I get further than character creation and then losing motivation lol :sweat_smile:

7 Likes