[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

What’s it about?

your story i liked it but i really wish i could customize my character also the first chapter didn’t really make sense…my own opinion but just I’m not trying to be rude but like i wasn’t really interesting in it, cause it didn’t make sense to me

1 Like

You can send private message. I think that would be more appropriate

1 Like

oh…

What about after winners are announced? Especially in the event our story isn’t one of them, there’s really no reason we wouldn’t be able to make changes to the first 3 chapters after decisions are made, no?

Contest ends when winners are announced, you can change your episodes after the shelf is out.

1 Like

That awkward moment when that’s also kind of what mine is about. Or related to mine, though there’s more of an action element to what I’m doing.

3 Likes

Oh, dear! I’m sure they’ll be pretty different. Mine’s not very action-oriented. There’s bound to be a lot of overlap in a contest this specific, but I admit I thought most stories would skew toward contemporary realism. I’d call mine a… sci-fi romdramedy, maybe? But I’m glad to know other people are mixing genres too!

2 Likes

That’s what I thought would happen too, but it’s good to see more people thinking outside of Episode’s usual preferences. Time travel romances aren’t that uncommon outside of Episode, but what makes it original is how you write it anyway. Best of luck on your story!

2 Likes

Thanks! Good luck to you as well.

1 Like

happy new year

1 Like

Hi guys, I need a small favor :sweat_smile: is someone willing to read my first episode and timed it? Because I have a lot of minigames there so I want to make sure it’s the right length :blush: thank you :black_heart:

1 Like

can u do the same for me?

1 Like

I’d be happy to if you need another :kissing_heart:

1 Like
2 Likes

Of course, but I’m going to sleep now so I will tell you tomorrow if that’s okay (it’s midnight here)
@amberose it will actually help me because not everyone will get to every scene :grin: thank you :black_heart:
I will pm you both the link

1 Like

Do we need to add choices?

According to the rubric, yes. There are 4 possible points for choices. If you have no choices, you get 1/4 of those points. CC or outfit choices will earn you a 2. Conversation choices are 3. Meaningful choices that impact plot are 4.

2 Likes

So… technically you aren’t disqualified for not having choices, but it will definitely negatively impact your story’s score.

2 Likes

Do they have to be love interests right away? Can it start off more of like a comedy type thing and then become romantic over time?