[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

anyone wanna work on this together? I have a cool idea!

Welp, since I’m in the process of making the covers and intro, I guess it’s time to announce my official participation in this. @Annie_BeauTy and I are entering this one together. Our entry is called “Marry, Kiss, Kill”. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for it :v:

14 Likes

I don’t have the time to make a contest entry of my own, but just want to say it’s fun to see some truly inventive and interesting story concepts in this thread that I would have never even considered. (I mean, time travel romance? Love it.) Good luck to everyone entering!

5 Likes

Sure

When this was posted, I thought of joining my new story since it kinda has the same idea. Although, I’m still very confused at this. So, are we supposed to make our MC track down the love interest in the first 3 episodes or can we do that after??

1 Like

Anyone who already finished their MC story?

Is character customization necessary, despite me having plot-important choices and reader choosing character’s hairstyle and outfit?

1 Like

no, i don’t have character customization its just kinda recommended

1 Like

maybe have a limited one.

1 Like

I don’t think having a CC or not will impact your contest scoring. You just might get messages from readers asking for a CC. If you’re letting them choose their hairstyle, though, I think that’s a fair compromise. Some people don’t like CC or like limited CC. There’s nothing wrong with doing what best suits your story. :slightly_smiling_face: If you don’t want people who are REALLY devoted to CC to stop reading, you can do a limited one so it doesn’t negatively impact your reader retention.

1 Like

No, but keep in mind that there are some readers who may not continue a story if it doesn’t have customisation. This could affect your reader retention.

2 Likes

I’m still only half way through the first episode. At this rate, I’m never going to finish :joy::clap:

This would have been the third contest I’ve tried to enter and failed.

8 Likes

Girl, same. Why did I make the choice to have gender choices?

5 Likes

Oof, I feel sorry for you. If I did that, I’d never finish :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Big mood.:joy:

2 Likes

One question, I’ve been hearing a lot about the deadline changing for this contest.
When is the actual deadline? As I’ve now heard it’s the 23rd?

If it would change, they’ll tell us on this thread… But where did you hear that? :thinking:

one of my friends on my IG page

Oh… I don’t think its true, though…

1 Like

I’ve also been told thatt if your 2 chapters are ready for publishing you can publish but not to fill out the form until your 3rd chapter is published? Apparently a lot of authors do it?
I’m not sure how it all works as this is my first contest im entering so I wanna make sure im doing it right