[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

You have to have at least 3 chapters to publish. Also, I’m not certain, but I don’t think re-publishing a new chapter after the deadline works, because I think that goes against contest guidelines. After it’s over I know you can re-publish more!

thank you, i just wanted to make sure as i don’t wanna do anything wrong

1 Like

I had an idea. But now I just can’t do this contest. I have a cool idea which I’ll probably do for a separate story. I really hope Episode come up with a delete button for stories, coz I need it for all of the stories I have created and then discarded.

5 Likes

A friend of mine just had her story suspended because she only published with two episodes lol.
A lot of authors do do that, but you’re technically not supposed to publish until you have three episodes.

For the contest- I personally wouldn’t publish until I had three episodes ready and then I’d publish as close to the deadline as possible.
I haven’t heard about the deadline changing (and they would definitely announce that on here like they did for Dirty Dancing) so I’m not sure where you heard that?

6 Likes

I did state it was from a friend on IG who had told me about this, she’s also entered the College Days contest.
As I said this is my first contest story so I haven’t a clue how it works :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It would be extremely unusual for them to push the deadline forward a week.
When they changed the deadline for DD it was to push it back a few days to give people more time.
I’ve entered four :wink: not that that means I know everything of course lol

5 Likes

Don’t give up, girl. You might make it this time.

3 Likes

its okay, i failed college days and it was my first one but I’m not giving up

3 Likes

Yah, my first contest. I hope I’m a winner.

1 Like

Good Luck to everyone who enters this contest.
And also thank you to those for correcting me on everything :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

After hours of searching and reading, -not to forget real life experiences- I do have a plot for this… But it’s not romantic at all, it’s a thriller. And the thought of putting it under romance when it’s straight up thriller irks me, I wonder, would I be disqualified if I added ‘thriller/romantic suspense’ to description. :thinking:

3 Likes

The deadline has not changed. It is still January 28th.

7 Likes

I hope you won’t be disqualified! I’m most interested in reading entries that will blend romance with other genres, personally.

This might be a taboo question, but if it mixes romances with thriller or horror, is it possible to change the genre assigned to it after the contest ends, or is that fixed once you publish it? I imagine it would be easier to reach a wider audience in a genre that isn’t as highly saturated as romance.

3 Likes

You can do whatever you want with your entry once the contest ends and winners are announced, as long as the story still fits Episode guidelines. I don’t think Episode tracks entries after the shelves go up, since they’re usually doing other things.

4 Likes

One of the thriller winners even changed their genre after the contest so I’m pretty sure it’s completely fine after the winners have been announced :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for responding!
I understand that now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do ittttt

3 Likes

im so excited

1 Like

yay

1 Like

I askes this question before But I don’t Think I got a answer, so in My story They meet and doesn’t get their name or Any contact things, But They meet pretty soon later on again and Then get their contact information soon After etc, is that okay? Because it would still be missed connection But They find each other again soon onto the story, if that makes sense