[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

So if the Google Forms is closed, we can still enter, right?
It’s just closed until closer to the due date?

sounds interesting…is it just based on finding right love for mc ??

1 Like

What if, the LI knows the MC? But the MC is figuring out who the LI is? Is this okay?:smiley:

1 Like

@Liz Is it necessary our story be high school story? Can we have other ideas but with the same subject? :thinking:

thats a good question …

No that’s not a necessary condition

1 Like

Thank you:)

Really want to enter this contest as its right up my street.

I was wondering, couldn’t the LI leave some kind of clues for the mc so she could find him?
Like it’s a little game for her? The more clues you find the closer you are to finding out who he is?

3 Likes

this title got my curiosity, i found this, maybe this can help you with ideas :blush:

A missed connection is a type of personal advertisement which arises after two people meet but are too shy or otherwise unable to exchange contact details. The “Missed Connections” section of Craigslist gets thousands of ads of this type every month for cities such as New York and San Francisco.[1]

The feature was started by Jim Buckmaster, Craigslist’s CEO, after he noticed a common type of posting in their personal ads, which he characterised as “you-smiled-at-me-on-the-subway-platform”. He sees the format as addressing a common human need and being ideal for romantic comedy, “Missed Connections give people that second chance … They represent persistence in the face of long odds, which definitely adds to their artistic appeal.” A variety of such artistic works have been developed including illustrations, movies, plays, poetry and songs.[2]

Other major cities have similar columns in Craigslist and their own local media. For example, London’s Metro newspaper has a “Rush-hour Crush” column for commuters who exchange glances but nothing more. Many connections are re-established and couples have become married in this way, such as “tall rugby player” and “beautiful lady in the red dress with long brown curly hair”.[2][3] Various websites like Gumtree also offer the possibility of finding a missed connection.[4]

Source: Wikipedia

7 Likes

What does this mean?

I’m saying that I’m thinking of doing this right now, but I know that I won’t be anyways- every… single… time!:joy::sweat:

1 Like

FINALLY!!! I have been expecting this…

I don’t normally write Romance. Not really doing this one…

I’m ready!!! I have a title and description here!!!

Someone see if they’ll read!

19 Likes

Maybe…:thinking:

1 Like

Could our MC have another reason for tracking the LI interest down? I’m planning to still be a romance but I was wondering if she could use an excuse to track him down like “he took her cell phone by accident” or something like that?

That’s what I was thinking.

I used to read Craigslist’s MC ads because they were quite hilarious. I didn’t even know they still had them! I feel old now.

I’ve seen a lot of MC ads that weren’t romantic. “To the garbage fire who cut me off in traffic…” or “To the person who helped me pick up my spilled groceries, I swear I don’t normally buy twelve boxes of pizza bagels at a time…”

I actually once saw an angry one in a zine directed at a person who threw up on the writer in a subway. :rofl: I mean… that could be the start of a rom-com. “I just wanted him to cover the cost of my shoe cleaning, and NOW WE’RE MARRIED!”

7 Likes

That’s a great idea! and I honestly think that falls perfectly with the theme.

I’m going for sci-fi as a secondary genre! There may also be elements of horror and fantasy because those almost always slip into my stories. We’ll see; I don’t have much planned yet.

7 Likes

I don’t Really get this, can the MC have seen this person before But doesn’t know What this persons name is and didn’t get their number because for example this person had to go somewhere and the MC didn’t have the time to Give this person his/her number. I can’t really come up with a idea that doen’t Sound creepy atm. Also can the Mc not know Who this is But the readers do and you kinda see Both their pov?