[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

And as usual, my story is not even worth of reading. :clap: So disappointed at myself.

2 Likes

Don’t be Cora, I loved your story

2 Likes

My story got only 70 reads. :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, mine only got 32 x

1 Like

Good things come to those who wait

Whaaaat??? Only about ten days for the contest judging period? I’m so sad. A lot of the winners were in my list but I only had time to read one during the actual contest period (not that they needed my help, but, you know)

16 Likes

I have read only two of them :laughing::laughing: And there were so many good entries that I am surprised they already announced winners after 10 days :thinking:

3 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners! :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve literally only read two stories (including yours actually lol) and was going to binge this weekend then share screenshots of all of them. I’m legit shocked that they announced this already.

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Yeah, I’m just sad that I only read like… 5 in total?
I don’t want to get into it too much, but remember after H&V the contest discussions? And people were wondering if they wait to see stories that are doing well retention wise before judging them on the rubric? I feel like there was hardly any time to measure retention this time around haha, so rubric surely came first, right? The bulk of the MC stories I read were in the past two days.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m really not sure.
I wish someone could clarify how retention works in terms of contest winners as it would clear up a lot haha.
Like… is it just a benchmark that you need to reach?
I had a quick look and I think there were 2 or 3 stories with <1k reads.

9 Likes

Yeah, I think majority of them were less than 10k

2 Likes

Well done, your story is amazing. I was obsessed reading it :heart:

3 Likes

In a week, I wouldn’t expect that many to have over 10k. I think only Butterfly’s did? And there was another that was close.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s an outrageous theory. I am pretty convinced that’s how it works. If winners have to perform well on both retention and the rubric, then there’s no point in judging a story with horrible retention. And I say that as a Spotlight writer with horrible retention. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering the same. I am definite they wouldn’t have had time to read all the entries within this short span of time. So, rubric as well seems like a stretch. I think maybe they would have used only the retention even if measuring only of short span of time. Also, its quite surprising that every winning story is a story that was popularly spoken of in community expect for one or two. So, I am wondering if Episode scanned through community reaction as well to shortlist.

8 Likes

That makes sense, too!

1 Like

That makes sense, but it doesnt seem really fair to me, just saying :woman_shrugging:t3: But it would explain how they were able to come up with so many winners in ten days

3 Likes

Hahahah thank you. Technically I’ve been here longer than a year, but I beta tested these forums and wasn’t moved over normally.

4 Likes