[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

I agree with this and the fact that most stories who were popular won. I think that they didn’t even had the time to read all the stories, and I am still happy for the people who won, but I just think for that people as me (who never got on a shelf and joined this contest) is a bit unfair, it was in such a short period…

4 Likes

There were a couple stories that I’d never heard of or seen floating around personally and a small amount with <1k but to choose 18 stories in 10 days- I would like to know the judging process. If there’s a large team of judges, then it would maybe be possible to read all the stories in that time (just the first episode, anyway) and create a shortlist? But I have no idea if that’s actually what happens.

9 Likes

First of all congrats Elise. Yeah. It’s just confusing. The only story I read is actually yours. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I am sure everyone deserves it. I am just as usual curious to know what’s the judging process. I really feel they couldn’t have read all the entries.

Edit: I heard of most 15 stories there. And all then has 1.5k reads minimum.

6 Likes

I had a quick skim and saw 3 or 4 stories with under 1k (at the time I checked. Since the shelf was announced, our story has already gained… nearly 400 reads so most stories may have quite a few more reads now than they did when they were chosen).
I would like to know more about how the judging process works. Like- when do they start reading the stories to mark against the rubric? Do they wait a few days for a retention benchmark? Or do they just start straight away? If there are (for example) 5 reviewers and they split the stories up, it probably wouldn’t take that long to read one episode of each and start narrowing the field down. Then again, 10 days isn’t much time at all. I literally read two stories myself and meant to binge this weekend. Whoops.

And thank you :smiley:

7 Likes

As a self-confessed forum stalker, I can confirm that there was at least one staff member reviewing MC stories on the 4th of Feb (3rd of Feb in US). Whether they were starting that day or had been doing it a few days prior… I don’t know. That’s the kind of information that requires my manipulation skills, not my stalking ones

6 Likes

I have no idea how the contests work, but I always just assumed that the actual story team maybe reviews the entries? Rather than staff who come on the forums?
But I have no idea :rofl::woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Ahh, I don’t wanna quote the post because he’ll get the notification, but @/Tyler commented that he was reading a particular thread while reading the MC entries… (So I’ve deducted that the same group who reviews stories that violate guidelines are the same that review contest entries AND also ones they consider for the weekly shelves

6 Likes

You’re a much better stalker than me.
I’ll just continue to write about them instead.

9 Likes

that has happened to me, try reloading it

1 Like

same lmao

1 Like

yo, does anybody know when they’ll announce the next contest? wasn’t really feeling this one since i didn’t really have that many customization options until last minute, and i promised myself i’d make the next one my first.

3 Likes

Happy forum anniversary!

4 Likes

Out of the ones I read, I think about 5??? My two favourites made it on the shelf!!

MC: Zodiac
MC: Agent Cinderella

Well done everyone who entered! :clap::heart:

6 Likes

One has 25k

Yeah, Butterfly’s, but that was an anomaly. Every contest there’s usually one or two entries that really take off during the judging period. For college days, there were two that I think had 20k around the time the winners were announced and neither of them won.

6 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that is crazy.

Happy Anniversary

Haha thank you. It’s actually a fake anniversary. I beta tested these forums and wasn’t moved over normally. I’ve been on the forums since January 2017 :slight_smile: (although I wasn’t overly active until these new forums)

5 Likes

Congratulations to those who won, but I’m pretty disappointed that some stories didn’t make it, and I still have loads of entries to read :open_mouth: I wanted to read them this weekend and when I saw shelf already I was pretty shocked :fearful:

3 Likes