[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

Welcome! :wink: … Though I’m starting at the top of the list and working my way down, so it may take me a while. Although I have started already and have completed three reviews tonight. Find my post here. :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I would recommend not tagging the writers in the reviews, especially for the negative ones. Reviews are a great benefit to other readers, but the writers should have the option to avoid them if they want.

3 Likes

I have one named MC: Translucence

2 Likes

Okay, I don’t have to tag you if you don’t want me to, though as I said on the page, it wasn’t only for authors, it’s for readers to find authors as well. So if they want me to add/tag their socials, then I’m more than happy to do so. Also, it is why I have hidden each review. If they don’t want to read it then they don’t have to.

Adding it. :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you for doing this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my opinion, who ever entered the Episode “public” contest, must be ready for reviews, good or bad. People (readers) judge and that’s their right.

7 Likes

This is very true, and if you apply the same logic to the general stories on the app, then people are going to judge the story. If it is accessible and published, then yes, it is the right of the reader. :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t say don’t review what you want. I’m talking about the etiquette of @‘ing people in negative reviews. I don’t feel like arguing about it, so I’m just going to link this article where several other authors explain the thought process behind my suggestion.

But she is not hating on them, she is giving constructive criticism.

2 Likes

Did you read the link? I think the toaster analogy in the article speaks to that. A lot of readers who @ writers think the feedback they are giving is constructive. I’m saying writers should choose whether they want to read feedback. She’s putting it out there, and people can read it if they want. But to tag an unsuspecting writer into a negative critique of their work… I just disagree with it. But ultimately, she can do whatever she wants.

1 Like

Yes I read the article and I get what you mean. But I believe if you are going to write a story you might as well read the feedback no matter how much it hurts. So that you can improve for the next competition.
Literally don’t come at me saying I don’t know how it feels. I have been tagged before unwillingly and yes at first I was a little upset. Though afterwards I used the feedback to change a few points on my story.
Yes :slightly_smiling_face:, you can choose if you want to read feedback whether you got tagged or not. Since it’s an option.

Regards,
Prashansa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to come at you?

At the end of the day, it’s the reviewer’s prerogative to write the review however they wish. I was just offering a particular perspective–and not an uncommonly held one–which they are free to ignore.

2 Likes

:blush: I’m sorry if I sounded mean too. I just wanted to show another perspective on it. And your right, it’s the persons decision in the end.

2 Likes

Every review- good or bad - is a free promotion :wink: We spit on politicians daily and yet we always vote for them :smiley:

MC: Till Death Do Us Part by @kayls_episode

2 Likes

Cheers, adding now!

Little late but my story MC: Model UN

1 Like

Cheers. :wink: Adding it now!

1 Like

Sorry for the late response, but thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No problem and don’t worry <3.

1 Like