[Creator's Contest] Missed Connections

@CosmicIvy already answered this here earlier. Look above!

2 Likes

Now I’m thinking my story idea won’t work :frowning:

1 Like

Missed Connections: The Stalker
Description: I creepily stalked you and for some reason you missed that connection. The end.

I couldn’t help myself :slight_smile:

26 Likes

@langdon
Just to understand, Is this a writer’s contest?

1 Like

Yes it is, don’t mind my recent example I was just kidding.

1 Like

Haha, thanks

1 Like

Why not? I think it does.

1 Like

Are you worried it doesn’t fit the guidelines? It sounded to me like it would work fine.

1 Like

Can I run my story idea by anyone?

1 Like

@CosmicIvy @Cee it doesn’t have a Missed Connections ad… I know that the original post says that it isn’t required but I have a bad feeling that my story won’t get recognized because of it…

1 Like

Oh believe me, my story doesn’t even belong in this contest. It’s a late Fantastical entry. I don’t have Missed Connections ad either, in fact, the LI and MC saw each other once when they are children. You don’t have to follow what everyone does, after all, the importance is creativity. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Let’s hear it!

1 Like

I’m gonna PM you.

1 Like

I don’t think it has to have the ad. I’m not planning to do it. I bet a lot of people have never even heard of Missed Connections ads before this contest and probably won’t use one in theirs either.

1 Like

@ELx @Cee Thank you for the info on this, I’m no longer freaking out. I really don’t understand what a Missed Connections ad is, therefore I don’t think I’m going to use it…

3 Likes

This is such a great contest theme! I’m excited for the entries :smiley:

5 Likes

still dont get what this means

1 Like

It’s a type of classified ad that became popular online (especially on Craigslist) in the late 00s. When I worked in retail, someone wrote one for my coworker. If you looked up her city’s missed connections on Craigslist at the time, there was an ad addressed to “exotic tattooed beauty” working at our store. Some guy saw her and thought she was cute and was hoping to ask her out through the ad, I guess. Didn’t work! She did NOT respond.

They might pre-date the internet, and though they seemed especially popular maybe 8-10 years ago, looking at Craigslist now, there are still actually quite a few being put up. Sometimes people do exchange names and actually talk to the person, just without exchanging contact information, so you might see an ad like, “This is for Alex. We met at XYZ pub on Friday and talked about hockey, dim sum, and being twins for two hours. I’m Dana with the red hoodie. Wish I had given you my number.”

5 Likes

FBI who??? :eyes:

3 Likes

Hey! I can help w/ coding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes