Crestfallen’s Reviewing Hub (LL ONLY)

Hello!

I’m Crestfallen, a reader and writer (with no published stories sadly :frowning_face:) here on Episode. I have read pretty much lots of topics on the forums and I saw a lot of new Episode writers struggling with improving their story or getting their story out there.

And with that, I hereby make this topic for those new or small writers out there. I will criticize and review all of your stories (maybe not all cos i do get lazy a lot lol) and try to give the best review I can. :slight_smile:

Take note: I will not accept any INK or Classic stories because those styles are kind of pet peeves of mine… (no offense to any ink or classic writers)

Before I show you the necessary things you need to see or know, I would like to let all of you know that there are three types of reviews I am doing:

Very Kind - I will try to give you the kindest review ever. I’ll mostly sugarcoat negative things.

Subtle - Half truth, half sugarcoating of negative things.

Honest - I’ll tell you the truth. But some of the negative truth may be sugarcoated.

Brutally Honest - I’ll tell you the whole truth. No sugarcoating, just the truth. Be prepared if you choose this, because I may be really harsh towards you.

Now… going on…

Here are all of the things you need to know as follows:

Application Guidelines

Title:
Chapters (ongoing/complete):
Kind of Review (Very Kind, Subtle, Honest, Brutally Honest):
Summary:
Cover:

What do you think makes your story unique?
(ANSWER)

Are you proud of your story? Be honest!
(ANSWER)

If there was one component (directing, plot, design, etc.) you think your story is great at, which one of the components stands out the most?
(ANSWER)

NOTE: No need for explanation to your answers, just give your answer. If you want to explain though, that’d be great!

Rubric for Scoring

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR SCORES AND EXPLANATIONS WILL BE AFFECTED GREATLY BY THE WAY YOU CHOOSE ME TO REVIEW YOU.

First Impression (Cover, Title, Summary, Start of Chapter 1):
/5 - EXPLANATION

Creativity (Cover, Overlays, Backgrounds, Use of Music, Sound FX):
/5 - EXPLANATION

Length (How long it takes to read your story):
/5 - EXPLANATION

Grammar (Punctuation, Spelling, Grammar Mechanics):
/5 - EXPLANATION

Directing (Zooms, Spot Directing, Transitions, Speech Bubbles, Filters, Pans and Cuts, Overlay Directing):
/10 - EXPLANATION

Characters (Personality Realisticness, Design, Diversity):
/10 - EXPLANATION

Plot (Storytelling, well basically the story itself):
/10 - EXPLANATION

Overall Score:
/50

Final Judgement: [SYMBOL]

Final Notes: [MY FINAL NOTES]

Final Judgement

These are the final symbols I’ll give to you after your story review. These reflect the worth of your story and the symbols you are given are affected greatly by the type of review you chose for me to give you.

:sparkles: :gem: :sparkles: ~ HIDDEN GEM!(Getting this means that your story is way better than any of the stories in the front page and deserves the whole community’s recognition!)

:star2: - Shining star! (Getting this means that your story is almost close to being one of the greatest stories out there and that deserves many recognition!)

:star: Star! (Getting this means that your story is great and that it deserves recognition!)

:slight_smile: Good. (Getting this means that your story is good but there is still many room for improvement!)

:thinking: Hmmm… (Getting this means that you’re getting there, and there is many room for improvement!)

:neutral_face: Meh… (Getting this means that your story is okay… There are still lots you can do with the story to make it better.)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Uhhhh… (Getting this means that your story is pretty confusing and messy, but it’s not THAT bad…)

:grimacing: Oof. (Getting this means that the story is very confusing messy, but it’s still bearable to read.)

:face_vomiting: BLEUGH! (Getting this means that the story is… really… unbearable. But don’t worry! You can still make it better!)

NOTE: The few bad emojis aren’t to bring you down! I hope if you get them they don’t stop you from writing, because honestly, I was the vomit face as a writer before. But I still kept on writing, and I do get some recognition for my stories from people now (from different platforms). If the symbol you get brings you down, please remember that you still have loads of potential! Keep on writing, and soon you’ll get better.

I await your stories! Remember, reviewing takes time and I am still in school, so please don’t bug me if I don’t have your review right away.

If I don’t review your story in a month’s time, that either means…

1. You submitted an INK or Classic story;
  2. I gave up on reviewing or I am too busy to review your stories, so… sorry if that happens to you. :grimacing:

:smile:

5 Likes

Whoops. I accidentally put this in the Promote your Story thread. I moved it to Share Feedback for people to find it. :sweat_smile:

Title: Tribe of Malapinchi
Chapters (ongoing/complete): Ongoing
Kind of Review (Very Kind, Subtle, Honest, Brutally Honest): Brutally Honest
Summary Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you make sense of the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover

Note: You can only read the first episode of the story… you will know why later. You can review only the first episode though. I dont mind but if you dont review…also I dont mind hehe. There’s one part of the first episode where you can divert your eyes and after that part is over you can carry on reading haha… but only the first episode lolll.

• Representation of nearly the whole of Asia (Cultures, Languages, Races)
  • Women Empowerment & Leadership
    -Realism to History and the Human Behaviour
  • Light vs Dark, Ying vs Yang, Good vs Evil, Light Magic vs Dark Magic

Are you proud of your story?
Heck yess!!

** If there was one component (directing, plot, design, etc.) you think your story is great at, which one of the components stands out the most?
Plot I think.

2 Likes

Hi! I’ll get to your review right away! Would you like your review to be posted here or messaged to you?

Here is fine… but like ummm… my story may not be to your liking though… based on your title…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: even though my story has LL

Alright!

BTW, no need to fret, I am actually liking the start. :slight_smile:

P.S. I got so hyped when I saw Philippines in the background (for the GPS).

I also need some clarification. In the summary when I searched it up, it said that Chapter 1 is 22 minutes. Is this the normal length for each of the chapters or…?

1 Like

yup… my chapters are long… yup

Ah, I see. Ty!

I might finish your review tomorrow since it’s late here. Hope you don’t mind. :smile:

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me your opinion on a story idea?

Sure!

Story Idea:

A virus is killing more than 75% of American teens. The ones who survive are given unexplainable superpowers, but can’t control them, so they are shipped of the “reformation camps” where, they are experimented on. You are one of those teens. Can you evade the agents who are trying to bring you in?

1 Like

Title: Sorry, Wrong Number
Chapter: 3
Kind of review: brutally honest
Summary: “And that’s how we’ll get rid of the body. Sorry, wrong number.” When a text is sent to the wrong person, it leads to a race against time to prevent a murder. TEXT BASED
Cover:
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5933958626344960

2 Likes

You’re so sweet for doing this! I would love it if you could review my story! Thank you so much!

Title: Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane
Chapters: 3 (More to come)
Summary: Time is running out as you and your friends try to escape the mysterious sleepover that you were invited to… Read to uncover the Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane.
Kind of review? Brutally honest
What do you think makes your story unique? I think that my story is unique because not only is it a mystery, but it also has aspects of other genres to keep everyone interested. The choices to matter, and moving forward there will be “mini-games” for the readers.
Are you proud of your story? Be honest! I am. I think I worked relatively hard on it, and I’m proud of the outcome. There are things I could fix I know, which is why I’m asking for the review, to see what could be fixed.
If there was one component (directing, plot, design, etc.) you think your story is great at, which one of the components stands out the most? I think the plot is what makes my story stand out the most. The directing is fairly good, but the plot is the best part of my story in my opinion.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6250660385652736
Shortened Link: https://bit.ly/2FHhOMS

1 Like

Hi this review sounds interesting! Please review mine :slight_smile:
Title: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Chapters (ongoing/complete): 4, ongoing
Kind of Review (Very Kind, Subtle, Honest, Brutally Honest): honest
Summary: Every girl has their own story. Kiara, Willow, Samantha, and Sooyoung are 4 very different and unique girls. Follow them as they grow up and discover first love, pain and what true friendship means.

4 different races, sexualities and multiple love interests for each girl.
Cover:
image https://www.episodeinteractive.com/dcon/High_School_2019_Gb_posterThumb_TIeTiA4xc5.png
(ANSWER)

Are you proud of your story? Be honest!
Yeah because I’m trying to make it like episode stories but I’m gonnna twist some stereotypes.

If there was one component (directing, plot, design, etc.) you think your story is great at, which one of the components stands out the most? I think my directing is pretty great

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I was in school. Hope you don’t mind. :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I think that’s a great idea! I’d honestly read that if I saw it! :slight_smile:

Hi @lizzy.writes! Once I am done with your review, would you like it to be posted here or messaged to you privately?

1 Like

Hi @Marshmallow_O ! Once I am done with your review, would you like it to be posted here or messaged to you privately?

1 Like

Hi @MKiara! Once I am done with your review, would you like it to be posted here or messaged to you privately?

Posted here is fine, thank you!

1 Like

Here is fine :slight_smile:

1 Like