Crossover Guidelines

From what I’ve read, more INK stories have been taken down than LL. (Whether or not this is true, I don’t know.)

3 Likes

It doesn’t affect one style. Not too sure why some INK authors are being dramatic, but this applies to Episode as a whole, INK or not.

7 Likes

Can someone give me a recap? I’ve been trying to read through this topic but all I see is people arguing, smh. Seriously, private message each other instead of cluttering the topic with off-topic nonsense.

I assume it’s about the use of characters from other stories. Does this also apply to background characters (who have been requested through this forum) who basically don’t do anything but just stand in a scene?

1 Like

When you create a character, it belongs to you. The community wants to be able to use other author’s characters in their stories - a crossover. As of now, there is no way of Episode checking that permission has been given, as it can easily be forged. Therefore, they are announcing that you are NOT allowed to use another author’s character, regardless.This has always been a rule.

In my opinion, if some designs a character for you, but you give it personality and a role within your story, then it is your character. There are many characters who look the same, it’s how you portray them that’ll make it your own.

5 Likes

As was in my example, when I had 4 or 5 punches in a row in a abuse scene, and I had to reduce them to 3 max. Right Arlene? :heart:

1 Like

Was your scene about domestic abuse? I know parent-child violence is capped at 1.

2 Likes

No. Scene was about Anna remembering her past with her abusive ex husband. And scene lasts only a minute or 2.

That means i can’t use the characters that sumbitted to be in my story?

I dont get it

1. Cross overs without permission then it’s accepted for them to be taken action against.
  2. Cross overs with permission from both authors aka Collaboration, is it still accepted?
  3. Then what about authors characters inside other authors stories? Is this accepted or not? Like you know alot of people post their characters to be used, does this count as a cross over also? Permission is given by the authors.
1 Like

Episode Creators, i don’t feel so good…image

5 Likes
  1. I don’t understand what you’re saying
  2. Collaborations are allowed
  3. Having another writer’s character in your story is not allowed.
  1. Like take another characters without permission/ take an authors character profile without permission

2. Oh cause some of us are confused if collaborations (which have crossovers but both authors consent to this.) are allowed.

3. Writer chracter I meant their character profile. Cause you know some threads that says " I need some LL characters for my story!" So ppl drop their character profiles in the thread for that author to use. I am wondering if this is ok or not. I should have explain better…it’s not their characters in their stories but their own authors characters profiles. Does this fall under the umbrella of crossovers though?

3 Likes

I already answered you what Episode Team workers explained in this long thread between the comments. :heart:

And for 1. No, we’re not allowed that.

A crossover is where there is assets of another persons story in another story. It can also be in TV! If you remember suite life of zack and cody and like hannah montana and stuff, they had a crossover episode. So basically, Episode is saying you can’t have characters from another author’s story in your story, or scenes where the two stories collide, even if you have that author’s permission.

This is definitely have something to do with Article 13.

4 Likes

Is the line “Boo! Go suck a di-!” Allowed in a story :thinking:

2 Likes

You also can’t have authors in your story as a character. So if I wanted to add your avatar into my story as a character, even if you’re not in a story, if I had asked you and you said yes, I still could not add you in. That is also violating this new rule.

1 Like

So basically what i’m getting from this is that you guys just don’t care anymore? You are taking away all the fun things about Episode, you guys need to understand that we have been putting up with your bullshit for long. Like you violate your own guidelines with a lot of your own stories. So if you can break your own rules, why can’t we? You stopped listening to us a long time ago, it’s actually hurting the community. So please, listen to us for once. This rule? Delete it. Or make a form that both parties have to fill out before a crossover, that way you just don’t have misuses because they both gave permission and it’s on a kind of form.
Just don’t take away another thing, please start listening to us again, otherwise you will be losing a lot of authors to other apps which allow this.

7 Likes

Who’s attacking ink? :scream:

2 Likes

I don’t think it would apply to a punching bag or like any inanimate object, because that’s not promoting violence. I think when it becomes a violent thing against another person or god forbid an animal, that’s where it crosses the line into 5

3 Likes