Crossover Guidelines

But I alway see authors in their stories, what happens now??

Nothing happens. If you see a story with any crossovers, do not say anything or report it. Just leave it be as I think they said they will not be giving us any deadlines for changes neither will they actively be looking for stories with any crossovers

4 Likes

Ok, I was not plan on reporting stories with their authors anyway

You know there will be those people who are like: ItS aGaInSt ThE gUiDeLiNeS sO iTs IlLeAgAl

Then they go around and if there’s a story with a crossover BOOM reported

4 Likes

Thank for saying this. Also good to see you back on the forums.

1 Like

Sorry if I didn’t make any sense. I’m sick this week and barely slept last night.

1 Like

It’s ok!

1 Like

I agree, I really feel like episode is making useless rules and guidelines, I’m sure they can find a way to let authors do crossovers without all this copy right mess, they can make a forum just for authors like an agreement or something to have proof that they both agree on letting each other use their characters. A lot of stories have done crossovers and stories like TSB n TNG are very popular making them delete the crossover will not only make the story lose its plot but it’ll be difficult for authors to re write, plus crossovers make the stories interesting. Episode needs to understand!

6 Likes

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

ok so this may have been asked already but can I ask for backround characters or be a backrounf character in someones story and be nameless, based on that it is episodes assets. and not my own?

This is absurd!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Ok, I’ve used the screen template before which in the process gave me the whole BG gang. These are characters that I’ve seen in other stories. Does this mean I have to change ALL of their names and features? If there’s something I’m not understand someone please clarify for me. Also, sorry if someone else has asked the question and it’s been answered.

1 Like

So…@Melani3 I know this thread is old AF, but if we have reason to believe someone else has used our characters or our author likeness in their stories without our consent, how can we prove it and how can we report it?

14 Likes

Hey Amber!

There’s no question too old for me! The best thing you can do is send in a ticket with the title of the story, a few screenshots of what infringement is happening, and context/background for our team’s investigation.

6 Likes

Great, thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Hmm… I remember a post on Instagram by episode " which of your two favourite story you would like to see crossover" gUiDeLiNes

5 Likes

That was explained multiple times…

4 Likes

That’s stupid. It’s like someone making a law that says people can’t wear black shoes anymore, and you telling other people to suck it up and throw away their black shoes. While you might not have any black shoes, a lot of other people do. People worked a long time to get those black shoes. For some people, they only have shoes that are black. Someone saying that that’s suddenly illegal is unfair.

4 Likes

Crossovers between your own stories is fine correct? I don’t know if this has already been asked and I didn’t really want to go through 1441 posts to see if you could.

Yes. Crossovers between your own stories should still be fine.

4 Likes