Cultural places of your country!

It’s me again! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This time I’m here to share cultural places and to get to know more from yours. I love history and I’m really proud of my country’s. So, let’s get started.
I’m from Mexico and in my hometown Mexico City there’s this place we called historic center where formerly the Great Tenochtitlan was founded by the Aztecs who walk all their way from Aztlan to their sign of an eagle and a snake standing to the cactus. The history said there were generation of Aztecs before they found that sign. When they did, they found the Tenochtitlan and a great period became but then they were conquered by the Spanish in 1521.

This is the Great Tenochtitlan

This is The actual Tenochtitlan, also the Historical Center

In the second picture, the cathedral is above the pyramid of the first.

What are yours? Let me know!!

4 Likes

Well im from the Bahamas, and there’s actually a lot of places for such a small country

So this here is the ‘Queens Staircase’, and trust me it looks way more majestic in person. It began construction in 1793 and it was in fact carved out by slaves in honour of the Queen Victoria (of Britain) for her contributions towards emancipation and it took 16 years to finish. It’s 66 steps (although she only reigned for 65 years)…and over 100 feet tall It’s probably one of the most beautiful historical sites in my opinion.

Theres also preachers cave in Eleuthera, where the Eleutheran adventures sought refuge after being shipwrecked, originally they were from Europe but made the voyage in search for religious freedom, they ended up settling here permanently and held sermons in this cave for over a century as they were now able to worship freely. It’s also one of the few places in the Bahamas with traces of Taino culture (the first ever Bahamians)

Haven’t been here in person yet, but I’m definitely going to try to do so on my next trip :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I think this is one

2 Likes

Omg! They both sound very interesting. Queen Victoria must have done a great job by helping the emancipation. I’d really love to meet that place, I mean, I don’t know the history of your country but for what you told me i think they were repressed and didn’t have rights. :pleading_face:
Here en my country, after the conquest, a caste system emerged. Horrible really. They were not slaves but they live in very bad conditions and didn’t have rights at all.

And about the second. Jzz, religion is everywhere. Were they running from the catholic religion?

1 Like

Wow, Australia
What’s the story of that place?

It’s like a art museum and they support refugees

1 Like

Well it was actually the Anglican Religion, they wanted to worship differently which caused conflict in Bermuda (where they originally settled) and England ( their country of origin) so they came to The Bahamas

1 Like

Fianlly Im not the only one from The Bahamas. :bahamas:

1 Like

Hey sis! :bahamas:

1 Like

The Plaza de Bolivar. I haven’t been there in years but it’s like 30 mins away. It’s one of our touristy areas + common school field trip locations. The best part is feeding the pigeons : )

1 Like

Woah I- the staircase :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.