Cultural Thoughts

Absolutely True :sob:

3 Likes

Indians are Asians.

6 Likes

I feel this way to. My parents don’t support but I support the LGBTQ :rainbow_flag: community 100%

4 Likes

Since POC problems in the Episode Community got closed. I would like to say, culturals have things that originated from them, so yes half the time is appropriation.

2 Likes

How do u know what is ok and what is not if you’re a writer and let’s say for research, you talk to 2 people and one is like “this is acceptable” and the other one says “this is unacceptable”. This always confuses me. It’s like when you talk to people from a culture, there is division, some are ok with something and other people are not. Because of this division, how can you tell and come to an conclusion without offending anyone?

1 Like

It really annoys me when people assume that someone is uneducated or doesn’t know proper grammar because they have an accent or speak in a cultural language. That’s just the way of speaking in which they’re comfortable with.

You’d be surprised how well-spoken people from various cultures are when they need to be

3 Likes

Talking eloquently, listening to rock or country, and liking anime or other “nerdy” things isn’t exclusive to white people. Stop shaming POC, especially kids, for being themselves.

3 Likes

omg, Jem this was on my mind. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

same! :prideheart::prideflag:

Don’t rape or kill people.

1 Like

I hate it when [some] POC label white people as bad just because they’re white. I know it’s not nearly as bad as the other way around and I’m sorry but I hate to sometimes be labeled as a horrible human being just because I was born white. I’m sooooo against any kind of racism or inequallity in any way possible, we’re all human and things like color, sexuality, religion, origin etc shouldn’t matter in any case. And it hurts my feelings to hear things like that, okay?

4 Likes

Yeah some POC do that, me and my family are from the hood, so we would normally judge a white person by appearance, but we world call them racist.

1 Like

But you’re aware we aren’t all racist. What’s the difference between talking to us here and in person?

2 Likes

I know you all arent racist.

2 Likes

I don’t really think it’s right to call all white people racist (because we’re not all racist, just a good portion pieces of shits of us) but I can see where you’re coming from… my entire family is actually super racust and everytime there’s anything going on with any black person my mom/dad/whoever else calls them niggas and I have to remind them that’s a racist word (my mom usually asks “then how should I call them?” And I say “BLACK MOM BLACK GODDAMNIT HOW ATE YOU MY MOTHER?!”). Luckily, I have my own opnions and I’m far from racist.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Hopefully the new generation will learn to make their own beliefs on what is right and not just listen to their parents and families… in ALL races.

I hate how when people attend a Marae (you have to be welcomed on via powhiti unless you are part of the Marae already) people full on disrespect the beliefs and culture of Maori. I went on a trip to a Marae with my school, and the amount of disrespect from this group of white boys was appalling. I saw it on my friends faces too. They were thinking the same thing. For an example:
When visiting a grave yard you must wash your hands before leaving, this is because it is believed that bad spirits will follow you otherwise. We visited the church on the Marae that (like many churches) had a graveyard around the outside. These boys not only didn’t wash their hands, they had the audacity to joke about and belittle the belief.
Another example:
It is tapu to sit on tables. Tapu meaning sacred, forbidden. These boys had total disregard for the belief even after being told numerous times to not sit on the tables.
Yet another example:
We were at the Marae learning about Matariki (the Maori new year) and these boys thought it was acceptable to disrespect all the legends and stories told about Marariki.
Final example I will give at this point in time:
We were learning traditional Maori games and how they originated and they full on disrespected everything. From abusing whatever we were using, to verbal abuse against the people teaching us, to misusing the items. What is wrong with people?
So yeah, I hate when people completely disrespect Maori culture. Especially when welcomed to be part of it.

2 Likes

Which part?

I have to side with @AMagic, she said she was from the hood, I’m from the hood too, Florida. Yeah white people were cool over there, but we talked about the other white people that wasn’t cool, they talked about us, we talked about them.

2 Likes