Culture and Religion Thread!

Hiya there! I would like to know about your culture! I am a homo sapien who lives in a place called Earth yeet. Lol I’m also Bengali and Muslim. But we have something called Bengali new year (I don’t really celebrate it anymore lol) I also celebrate this holiday called Eid, there are two types of Eid. Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha.

Comment down below about your culture or religion!

Taggss (sorry if you didn't want to be tagged)

@minnehaaa, @eilyk, @kinghuddy, @keiji, @The_Corgi_Queen, @appleqrl , @xetic, @Problematic_Patrick, @anon71852408, @appleqrl, @StarMaryGoth, @LariYaa, @purplerosewrites, @sofia2, @anon54207210, @superwriter7, @loveyourself, @coco.xhic, @SakuraCheam, @Epi_Gaines, @idkwhoelsetotag

18 Likes

I’m a mistake who lives on the dying planet earth (yay me!). Anyways I’m Jewish and white (lol) I’m not very cultured really but I guess as someone who is Jewish, even though i’m Not very religious a big thing is honesty, education, hard work and humor at least in my temple. But everyone views religion differently so I am not speaking for all Jews lol. Literally that is more religious but I don’t really know how to describe my culture Lol. :woozy_face: hope that wasn’t offensive

6 Likes

idkwhatiammyparentsdonttellmeanythinglol <3

2 Likes

Lol I’m not religious either. It wasn’t offensive. I’d rather live in a place called the Sun ever heard of that place ssksk. Anyways I didn’t know you are Jewish. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Hey I’m this kid who has no life so is on these forums. My heritage is from India and it’s my starting point for family lineage. Though I was born in Cali and have grown up here. I am Hindu but don’t follow Hinduism anymore. Personal preference of mine. :woozy_face: I’m not sure what cultural when your not religious… We eat on big leaves and with our hands. We wear loose clothing, which isn’t very covering, it can be sari’s or dresses for dance. We have 8 classical Indian dances, I do one of them. :slightly_smiling_face: runs out of things to say

3 Likes

I’m a waste of space who lives on a planet somewhere in this galaxy. I’m also from New Zealand and I’m a Pakeha/NZ European. I’m not religious but I do have Kiwi culture so you can ask me about that. I’m not Maori however we learn about Maori culture in school, been on many Maori cultural field trips, and I have many many many Maori friends, so if you have any questions about Maori culture let me know. Feel free to ask me about things from gumboot throwing to Matariki! Anything! And I’ll answer it!

2 Likes

Kewlzz I can’t do Indian dance lol, ma mom wear Saris, I don’t like Saris tbh :woozy_face: It just doesn’t go with me

1 Like

Hi I’m that bish that lives in a house built on the ground which be attached to the earth which is in space which makes me an astronaut. :joy: ima Palestinian who is a Muslim and I celebrate Ramadan, Eid Al - Adha, Eid Al - Fitr, and other types of “smaller holidays” that are just as important. I’m type religious and follow most of what the Islamic “studies or people I think” teach u in general

4 Likes

oOp we’re all Astronauts

2 Likes

I’m using that astronaut thing omg :joy: Next matter of business, what is Ramadan, Eid Al - Adha, and Eid Al-Fitr? Sorry I’m dumb :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t really promote it lol. I think it’s kind of weird when people put their religions in their bio but I mean it’s fine if you do, just not for me

2 Likes

Bahaha :joy:, Ramadan is when Arabs not necessarily Muslims fast for 30 days and don’t eat from sunrise till sunset. This is to feel how the homeless people feel when they have no food and to appreciate what we have. As well as I think when the Quaran was sent to the Prophet Muhammad. Eid Al- Fitr is at the end of Ramadan when we can finally eat and the fasting days are over. I forgot what Eid Al Adha is sorry :joy:

3 Likes

Lol I don’t sksksk, I just want peeps to know that I identify as the Milky Way sksksksksk

1 Like

U got it lol

1 Like

I mean I also don’t wanna have to deal with this: But Jes—- or YoU DoNt LoOk JeWiSh

1 Like

christian on moms side. asatro on my dads. not at all regliogs on any of them

2 Likes

That’s really interesting, I think I remember something about Ramadan from a NZ tv show here from last season I’m pretty sure. They had a Muslim character and his culture involved in the story. I remember one particular scene where his wife (who wasn’t Muslim) made them a picnic on the beach but It was Ramadan and it was like the middle of the day, so he was like “I can’t eat” so I’m pretty sure she decided to do it with him to support him, I can’t really remember. But yup that’s my two cents.

4 Likes

ok, my religion? i don’t really know as of now. my parents have a mind of their own and i don’t agree with them on everything. as for culture… i’m dumb sis <33

2 Likes

when Arabs not necessarily Muslims

I’m no expert, but I don’t think this is exactly true? My mum’s side in Singapore celebrate Ramadan and they’re Muslim but not Arab.

7 Likes

Haha hmm seems like something I watched don’t remember :joy:

1 Like