Culture help needed

If there are any greek, italians, or british member i need facts about where you live and what you know, slang and stuff like that

1 Like

British slang.

Mum - Mom
Biscuit - Cookie
Pub - Bar
Mate - Pal
Bloody - Used for emphasis
Trolley - Shopping Cart
Trainers - Tennis shoes
Wanker - Jerk
Loo - Bathroom
Dishy - Attractive Men
Have A Gander - Look
Sick - Cool
Diary - Calender
Skive - Playing hooky
Bloke - A man
Posh _ High Class

1 Like

I’m Italian, so if you have any questions ask me!

1 Like

Moved to General Chat since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

what are some slang

Italian :raised_back_of_hand: Slangs change from region to region, we have a lot of different dialects. I think that those are the most common/used all over Italy:

Boh(I don’t know. The only word I use to interact with people lol)
Che palle!(Literally means “what balls!” :joy: and you use it when you’re annoyed by something. Like “Clean your room!” “Che palle!”. A less vulgar phrase that means the same is “Che barba!” (Which translates to “what a beard!”) but literally only children use it.)
Sfiga (means misfortune)
Mamma mia (Should I say more?)

Most of the slangs are REALLY vulgar.
Figa, I’m not even going to tell you what it literally means, but basically it’s a word to say that a girl is beautiful. Kinda like “sexy”. Some regions use it as a way to say “What’s up?”
Culo, literally means ass. If you had a lot of luck, you had “culo” :joy:
Mi sono cagata addosso, it translates to I sht on myself, no, I’m not joking. It means that something scared you so much. Or, if it’s “Mi fa cagare” (it makes me sht) it means that something is extremely ugly.

1 Like

thanks i let you know if i have anymore questions

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.