Currently very confused about stories being reviewed

I wrote to Episode a while ago requesting reviews of two of my new stories to be put into trending sections and today they replied saying that they’re no longer accepting review requests from authors and will only be reviewing those that hit top 100 or something… how are our stories supposed to get any recognition and get into the top 100 in the first place when they’re brand new and invisible on the app lmaooo? If a reader opens the app and can’t see the story in any sections then how are we supposed to get reads ?

2 Likes

How many number of reads do you have? If you have less reads from 0 - 99 u need to bring that up. Since they are no longer accepting it, then you need to keep on promoting your story and keep those reads higher in order for it to be reviewed.

2 Likes

That’s shocking…that they are no longer doing requests, when were they going to tell us, hm oh wait I forgot the team is taking a break sooooo yeah idk, anyway just bring your reads up higher and your story will be reviews.

2 Likes

One of my stories has a million reads but because most of my fanbase don’t follow me on Instagram, I’m finding it really hard to get my new stories recognised… my new one only has 500 atm which is why I feel like its a slap in the face to not have it reviewed

2 Likes

Just keep on promoting your instagram, do follow for follow, etc.

As every small author, just keep on promoting on forums, and promoting on instagram pages that offer story readings, etc. U can check out my ig page for stories & I will be adding more & if u have a story feel free to message me to put up for others to check out. Instagram : @lana_epi_reads I’ll also check back on stories to finish reading them, so just keep on promoting it.

500 is a good number to start off, that should be reviewed soon, so maybe just keep yr reads higher. hmmm

2 Likes

I do have a large following on Instagram but I don’t feel like it helps ? I have 13K followers but I had that following before I started writing on Episode, and I feel like read for reads on the forums don’t help so much either. I’ve tried adding ‘check out my other stories’ at the end of each episode on my story with a million reads, but I feel like people just skip past it :joy: My new story hit #83 in thriller at one point but still didn’t get reviewed so the rank just went down back to #130, so it’s just really frustrating atm lmao

1 Like

Lol, the rank is so messed up sometimes, but I dont pay no attention to it.

Yeah, sometimes people just want r4r and just ghost you, without any reason or just stop talking and there are others who check out your story, give feedback, etc.

lol if they do then they will see it on your profile so they can check it out whenever they want I guess.

1 Like

Well hopefully it works out, it’s just annoying tbf :joy:

1 Like

and sometimes they tell you they have read your story but for some reason the reader count doesn’t go up :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

I just got the same email and that was my thoughts lol. It seems like a catch 22- you need to trend to get reviewed but (for most authors), you need to be reviewed (and therefore visible) to trend :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looool God knows what to do anymore :joy::joy::woozy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.