Customization: do you make your MCs and LIs (if applicable) look similar for every story?

I realize I tend to make the MC and LI look the same for every story. It’s almost as if the same actors are starring in different stories, lol. Do you tend to make your MC and LI look similar across different stories? I always my LI ginger coz I have a thing for the redheads… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I do it with extras

I try to not make them similar. Sometimes it happenes, but I try to avoid it.

1 Like

I usually create a new character for every story, unless the mc is a guy then I just make me

My issue is that I only like certain hairstyles, and it’s really hard for me to deviate from those hairstyles while making characters. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Same. Princess braid is usually my go-to, and if it’s not available, I go to shoulder braid and if it’s a super early version of LL, it’s long ponytail.

2 Likes

I belidve lot of readers do it.

1 Like

As an author I try to make them look different but I definitely have a preference over certain features and as a reader I try to keep close to how the author made them with just a few adjustments to those preferred features

1 Like

Ok, I’m going to share a guilty pleasure with you guys…
On most stories I make my LI look like Lewis Hamilton (formula 1 racer).
It’s bad I know haha…
Only if it doesn’t fit the story, I adjust things like skin or hair colour. But the “prototype” stays the same…

3 Likes

Nice choice! LOL. Lewis Hamilton is cute.

2 Likes

@Karinlp you watch F1 too?! I thought I was the only one on here!

To stay on topic: I tend to make them very similar…

I don’t know, you tell me…

MC’S

1 Like

Yes! I’m Dutch so big time Max Verstappen here. But when it comes to looks Lewis is my nr. 1.
Who is your favorite driver?

2 Likes