Customizing gender of both mc + li

writing an episode where you can choose the gender of the mc, and then choose the gender of li. something similar to “through the worlds” by ksenia, or “think twice” by piccalilly. i’ve seen templates for both separately, but i don’t think i’ve seen templates where they’re both together. thank you very much ^^

Just put the templates together, but fair warning, you are aware you’ll be coding four branches, right?

1 Like

yes like @scarlettm said it can get very hard but anyways if you still want an template check out @Dara.Amarie she should have a sticpt that let you choose the gender

You can code it multiple ways.
The more complex way is creating four different branches using labels and flags, however there is a way to keep it to just one storyline without coding the same script four times just changing the gender for each character.

What you can do is create four different characters to begin with: a female generic/plus MC; a male generic MC; a female generic/plus LI; and a male generic LI.

You can code the reader’s choice in their preferred gender by using the appropriate gains and code the customisations like normal.

Then, you’ll need two more characters - either gender is fine but they will now be the new MC and LI. Using the @CHARACTER becomes CHARACTER code, you can copy all the customisation that the reader has chosen through the gains you previously set up.

It’ll look something like this:

if (MALE_READER) {
@NEWMC becomes MALE_MC
}
elif (FEMALE_READER) {
@NEWMC becomes FEMALE_MC
}
else {
continue
}
if (MALE_LI) {
@NEWLI becomes MALE_LI
}
elif (FEMALE_LI) {
@NEWLI becomes FEMALE_LI
}
else {
continue
}

This will transfer the body type + clothes that the reader previously customised over to your two new characters, and you can continue the story as normal without coding separate branches for each body type/gender.

1 Like

Omg you’re here :flushed:. How are you?

1 Like

I’m good, last year was super bad but I’m hoping to come back to episode properly soon :sweat_smile:

hi and thanks for the reply! yes im aware ^^ i dont plan on jumping straight into that right away, i just wanted to know if there was a certain template for it, since i don’t know how to put it altogether.

It’s just a lot of branching and if/elif/else. My other suggestion would be to create one story with a female LI and one with a male and let the reader choose their MC gender in each story.

That’s my preference as well. That way it’s clean and you can still customise the specific dialogue, scenes, to better fit the dynamics of the different gender relationships.
My male:male interactions are not 100% the same as my male:female ones.

1 Like

you can use this 2 templates

And then you will just do the if/else

if (MC_male) {
if (LI_boy) {
goto MC_female_LI_male
} else {
goto MC_female_LI_female
}
} else {
if (LI_boy) {
goto MC_male_LI_male
} else {
goto MC_male_LI_female
}
}
###################
label MC_female_LI_male
NARR
Here write MC female and LI male branch
goto end
###################
label MC_female_LI_female
NARR
Here write MC female and LI female branch
goto end
###################
label MC_female_LI_male
NARR
Here write MC male and LI male branch
goto end
###################
label MC_female_LI_male
NARR
Here write MC male and LI female branch
###################
label end
NARR
To be continued

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.