Cut an sofa/couch overlay for me please

Hey guys it’s been a while. So as the title says i need someone who’s really kind enough to cut this sofa/couch overlay from this bg for me because I want my characters to look like they’re sitting down, watching tv. Here is the living room bg

pv1_back_INT__FANCY_LIVING_ROOM___NIGHT

If anyone wants to, help me, reply to this thread or pm me in private on here and I’ll obviously credit them in my story or on my Instagram story.

If the bg isn’t big enough, I’ll send you it in a bigger version

Anyways I hope everyone is good and staying safe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

1 Like

Thank you so much, do you want me to credit you?

3 Likes

No credit needed (:

1 Like

Are you sure? I don’t mind at all

1 Like

No it’s fine, it only took 5 minutes to do so no worries :joy: Also if you reply again could you click on the “⤺ Reply” instead, because I don’t receive the notification (:

1 Like

Oh cool and ohh, no wonder I didn’t get a notification when you replied, sure

2 Likes

No, I didn’t receive the notification. Like this one:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.08.06 AM

Anyway, don’t want to get flagged. Your welcome :wave:t4:

It’s ok :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

But since you’re an author like me, could you maybe help with one moe thing please? Only if you don’t mind and if you’re free

2 Likes

Of course! What’s up?

1 Like

Well this is my first time trying to use 2 overlays at the same time and I was wondering how to code it. Ik a little bit bc I just read Dara Amarie website about it but it’s still a but confusing to me

2 Likes

:thinking:Okay, would you like the overlays with the scene in the very beginning or in mid-scene?

1 Like

At the beginning because 4 of my characters would be sitting down, watching tv.

2 Likes

oh well its just:
INT/EXT. BACKGROUND - NIGHT/DAY with OVERLAYNAME with OVERLAYNAME

That’s it? I wouldn’t need to resize them or anything?

you don’t need to resize them, but make sure the overlays are over your characters or behind. For example, let’s say the sofa is at layer 0, the smaller part of the sofa (that is supposed to be in the very front) should be at, say, layer 10.
You would have to write →

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY/NIGHT with OVERLAY1 at layer 0 with OVERLAY2 at layer 10

And then place your characters on layers between 0-10.

EDIT: USUALLY* you don’t have to resize. But if the overlays don’t stay in place from the start, you’ll have to. Come back to this thread if they’re not in place.

Ohh ok I think I got it now, thank you

What I put after the background and overlay in the scene is afterwards put:

@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity # AND overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to x y in zone # AND overlay
OVERLAYNAME scales to % % AND overlay OVERLAYNAME to layer #

or include something similar to this in the very first line with the background and overlay create command, like @/Castilia17 said.

1 Like

:joy: I can’t work with overlays for shit when I have to move them, I always end up copying the script from under the previewer because I don’t know how to insert the numbers from there into this format:

Like, the previewer gives you the coordinates, but how do you paste them where they belong? (because when I copy that thing, you know it’s a lot of lines and commands, when it could be done in 1 command

1 Like