Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

How can I upload an avatar on my profile like you?

Go to your profile and click on “Preferences” and you can upload a profile picture there.

I’ve reviewed this many times and I can’t seem to find what is wrong

Just like the error message says, you need to have dialogue right before a choice.

How do you make an overlay go fast? For example in Adrenaline is shows Adrenaline and then a boom. How would that work if I were trying to throw a knife?

You have to time the shifts and/or scales commands. To have the overlay shift/scale really fast, have it move in less than 1 second.

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to have the sound of a clock striking 12 so I need to have a sound play repetitively in order to do that, but I’m not sure how to script it. I’m using the sound belltoll which is too long to let play all the way through, so I only want the first 3 or 4 second of it to play before the next one starts.

You’d have to play the sound, pause for 3 seconds, then turn the sound off, then pause for 0.1 seconds, then repeat the sound and do the same steps as many times as you want.

sound belltoll
@pause for 3
sound off
@pause for 0.1
sound belltoll
@pause for 3
sound off
@pause for 0.1
sound belltoll
@pause for 3
sound off
1 Like

Ooh ok, thanks

What’s the animation that looks like a character is falling to his/her knees?
Please and thank you

For INK, it’s just fall

THANK YOU :heart::heart:

1 Like

Is it possible to place someone over an overlay?

Of course. You’d have to use layers and have the character at higher layer than the overlay.

How do I do that though? What number of layer do I use?

Any number. There’s no specific layer number.

There are 2 ways to layer characters:
@CHARACTER moves to layer #
@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

And there are 2 ways to layer overlays:
BACKGROUND NAME with OVERLAY at layer #
@overlay OVERLAY to layer #

Layers are infinite. Layer 1 will be in front of layer 0.

1 Like

Hey, I have a question when you want the reader to choose hairstyle which label do you use and how do you get that cool animation with the hair brush to work I’m confused…can you put out an example on this please? Thanks.

Hi Dara! I’ve been wondering how some writers have their animations timed, they would write a narration bubble and before we even tap to see the next message the animation changes and I tried to do that but failed, is there a certain trick?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean by which label? If you want readers to choose a hairstyle, you’d have to use a choice template. If you just want to change the hair to just one hairstyle without the readers choosing, the code is @CHARACTER changes hair into Hairstyle Name.

To use the hairbrush command, you need to add the hairbrush prop. But only INK has the prop, Limelight does not. A Complete List of Props and How to Use Them (Hidden Props Also!)

2 Likes

They use the & sign and the THEN command

&CHARACTER is animation THEN CHARACTER is animation
NARRATOR 
Dialogue.
1 Like