Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

yes and how do I do that?

You need to use the spot helper when testing your story: Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)

1 Like

trying that now!

They use the end of certain animations. To do this, they have the character do an animation while you’re zoomed in somewhere else or cut to a different zone. Then once the animation is done playing through, they show the character (who is in the last pose of the animation they just did). Or another way is to have a duplicate character stand offscreen and do the animation, then switch the main character with the duplicate character.

1 Like

I did this!

@LIAM spot 1.280% faces right down THEN LIAM faces camera straight AND LIAM starts sit

&LIAM moves to layer 1

@MAXINE spot 164 84 THEN MAXINE faces camera straight AND MAXINE starts sit
&MAXINE moves to layer 2

and it said that it was not a valid directing command

And there is no such thing as faces camera straight. The only directions are left or right: CHARACTER faces right or CHARACTER faces left

1 Like

will changes right now!

ahh okay I understand thanks. :blush:

I still get an error message! Do you have to use idle_rear? I am getting really frustrated now!

@CHARACTER spot [scale] [y] in zone # at layer # and CHARACTER faces [left or right] and CHARACTER is [animation]

And example would be:

@DARA spot 1.280 130 10 in zone 2 at layer 4 and DARA faces right and DARA is laugh_giggle

1 Like

I am trying to have Liam sit on the chair like where he is now and Maxine in one of the chair on the other side of the desk!

You are not writing the spot code correctly. I keep telling you it’s CHARACTER spot S X Y

You also cannot have a MAXINE sit in that chair because it is just 1 overlay. She will either be behind the overlay or in front of the overlay, not in between the overlay.

1 Like

how can I make her in front of the desk?

1 Like

I feel dumb but can you show me examples of each please?

Um, @Dara.Amarie, for some reason, I have a sound/music problem…

What are counters and flags? ive noticed that now they have a thing were its Flags and counters when i preview the story, do you have any idea with those are?

So I’m writing this scene and it wont do one of the commands,

The sentence circled in red isn’t working but everything else does

Those are examples. Just change the “#” to a number.

1 Like

Can you post what your issue is?