Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

This is my WHOLE script for the WHOLE customization part, so could you if by any chance, show my what to do using my script? :

label customize_skin1

NARRATOR
Now, What skin color do you want?

choice
“Tan” {
@CHRISTINA changes bodyColor into Tan
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Caramel” {
@CHRISTINA changes bodyColor into Caramel
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Honey” {
@CHRISTINA changes bodyColor into Honey
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}

NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_skin1
}

label customize_eyebrows1

NARRATOR
Now what do you want her eyebrows to look like?

choice
“Seductive Arch” {
@CHRISTINA changes eyebrows into Seductive Arch
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Defined Natural” {
@CHRISTINA changes eyebrows into Defined Natural
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}

NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_eyebrows1
}

label customize_face1

NARRATOR
Now, What do you want her face to look like?

choice
“Oval”{
@CHRISTINA changes face into Oval
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Soft Heart”{
@CHRISTINA changes face into Soft Heart
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Diamond”{
@CHRISTINA changes face into Diamond
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_face1
}

label customize_eyes1

NARRATOR
Now, How do you want her eyes to look?

choice
“Upturned Feline”{
@CHRISTINA changes eyes into Upturned Feline
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Upturned Bold” {
@CHRISTINA changes eyes into Upturned Bold
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Round Bold” {
@CHRISTINA changes eyes into Round Bold
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_eyes1
}

label customize_eyeColor1

NARRATOR
Now her eye color

choice
“Blue” {
@CHRISTINA changes eyesColor into Blue
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“White”{
@CHRISTINA changes eyesColor into White
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Purple”{
@CHRISTINA changes eyesColor into Purple
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_eyeColor1
}

label customize_nose1

NARRATOR
Last but not least, her nose

choice
“Upturned”{
@CHRISTINA changes nose into Upturned
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Celestial”{
@CHRISTINA changes nose into Celestial
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Soft Natural”{
@CHRISTINA changes nose into Soft Natural
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
“Roman”{
@CHRISTINA changes nose into Roman
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
}
NARRATOR
Are you sure?

choice
“Hell Yeah”{
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Okay
}
“Fuck No” {
NARRATOR (AUTHOR)
Alright
goto customize_nose1
}

@zoom reset
NARRATOR
Are you sure this is how you want Christina to look like?
choice
“Yes, She’s Hot!”{
NARRATOR
Nice
}
“NO, I made a mistake!”{
NARRATOR
Alright
goto customize_skin1
}

0 Likes

You don’t need gains or anything to remember what they look like. Characters will stay the way they were customized pretty much forever unless you change the appearance yourself. But you’d need to test this out using the app. The web previewer doesn’t “remember” things like choices or customization from previous episodes.

1 Like

What do you mean by it doesn’t work?

0 Likes

Ah okay

0 Likes

what coding are you supposed to you use for an overlay?

0 Likes

1 Like

Thank you

0 Likes

Hello!

So I have a question in regards to the point system. I believe I understand the gist of it. But before I write my story, I had an idea for mine that I wasn’t quite sure how/if it would be possible after looking at the post you made about the points system. Let me explain why.

I’m not sure if you, or anyone, has played Mass Effect. If you haven’t, it’s a third person RPG that’s really popular. In it, you had something called the Paragon/Regenade system. What this would do is allow you to make choices, whether they were speech or direct action choices by the player, that would build up a score, as well as a reputation in the universe of the game. You probably know where I’m going with this now.

If this is possible, I’d like to bring a system similar to that into my story, where the character gets to make “Honorable Heroic” choices, or alternatively, “Badass Heroic” choices. The idea of this is to build up a reputation for the player, as some vigilantism is going to be a part of the story, as well as it differing the interactions with certain characters. For example, imagine someone who normally gives your character and friends a hard time. They like to fight with yours, pick on yours, for whatever reasons it might be. But your choices can lead to them either backing off some on you or not, based on your reputation as a result of you’re “Honorable Hero” and “Badass Hero” choices, or your choices with them at the very least.

While this is all ideas and theories now, I’m not quite sure how, and if, it is possible to implement this into a story using the points system. If it is possible, I understand that it is perhaps ambitious, and definitely a lot of work, which I don’t mind. But that is how I would plan to craft the story. But again, I’m not quite sure this is possible with the existing points system.

If you could help explain this to me, and whether or not if this is possible in any way, that’d be a real help. Thank you!

0 Likes

I mean it wont show up like I haven’t added the overlay into the script even though I have.

1 Like

Okay, so I’m trying to have a scene where characters are carrying another character while running, they all trip and he goes flying, but the characters don’t stay on the ground even after using idle_fallen and the whole scene is super glitchy. If you could help, it’d be appreciated.

Here’s the scene:
EXT. SOCCER FIELD - DAY
@cut to zone 3
&CADE stands screen center AND ALLEN stands screen right AND JORDAN stands screen left AND FELIX stands upscreen left
&CADE faces right AND CADE walks to screen center in zone 4 in 1 AND CADE does it while run_athletic AND ALLEN faces right AND JACE spot 1.280 134 204 AND JACE is surf_crowd_loop
&ALLEN walks to screen right in zone 4 in 2 AND ALLEN does it while run_jog AND FELIX faces right
&FELIX walks to upscreen left in zone 4 in 2 AND FELIX does it while run_neutral AND JORDAN faces right
&JORDAN walks to screen left in zone 4 in 2 AND JORDAN does it while run_athletic
&JACE walks to spot 1.280 -106 212 in zone 4 in 2 AND JACE does it while surf_crowd_loop
&pan to zone 4 in 2
@ALLEN is run_fall AND CADE is run_fall AND FELIX is run_fall AND JORDAN is run_fall AND JACE walks to spot 1.280 -18 118 in zone 5 in 1 AND JACE does it while surf_crowd_loop
@CADE is idle_fallen AND JORDAN is idle_fallen AND FELIX is idle_fallen AND ALLEN is idle_fallen

@pause for a beat
@cut to zone 5
&JACE is idle_fallen
@zoom on 1586 0 to 236% in 0
@pause for a beat
JACE
(Ouch.)

0 Likes

You can create “characters” and create a point system for that. So create characters named HONOR and BADASS, and for every choice made that is either “honorable” or “badass”, etc. you can add points to that character.

0 Likes

How are you adding the overlay? If you’re using the create command, you need to add the shifts, scales, and opacity commands as well. Also make sure that you are placing the overlay in the correct zone.

0 Likes

Okay so I just changed up the order of the commands: used THEN so that the characters immediately run_fall after running, used the @ sign for JACE walking, and removed that pause for a beat.

EXT. SOCCER FIELD - DAY
&JACE spot 1.280 134 204 AND JACE starts surf_crowd_loop
&CADE stands screen center AND ALLEN stands screen right AND JORDAN stands screen left AND FELIX stands upscreen left
@cut to zone 3
&pan to zone 4 in 2
&CADE walks to screen center in zone 4 in 1 AND CADE does it while run_athletic THEN CADE is run_fall
&ALLEN walks to screen right in zone 4 in 2 AND ALLEN does it while run_jog THEN ALLEN is run_fall
&FELIX walks to upscreen left in zone 4 in 2 AND FELIX does it while run_neutral THEN FELIX is run_fall
&JORDAN walks to screen left in zone 4 in 2 AND JORDAN does it while run_athletic THEN JORDAN is run_fall
@JACE walks to spot 1.280 106 212 in zone 4 in 2 AND JACE does it while surf_crowd_loop
@JACE walks to spot 1.280 18 118 in zone 5 in 1 AND JACE does it while surf_crowd_loop
&CADE is idle_fallen AND JORDAN is idle_fallen AND FELIX is idle_fallen AND ALLEN is idle_fallen

@cut to zone 5
&JACE is idle_fallen
@zoom on 1586 0 to 236% in 0
@pause for a beat
JACE
(Ouch.)

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong here. Just trying to make sure I get this :slight_smile:

So the main character’s name is Daisy. What I should do in my case is make two versions of her, one being HONORABLE and one being BADASS? And if I had a middle one, then say HONORABLE, INDIFFERENT, and BADASS? They are all “Daisy,” but each choice has a different version of her, according to the various actions she takes, be it Honorable, Indifferent, or Badass? So say DAISY_HONORABLE, DAISY_INDIFFERENT, and DAISY_BADASS, and every one of those actions is tied to that specific Daisy with the points the player has in total with them?

I hate to be asking questions that you probably answered 100 times, but I’m somewhat new to this, and I just want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. Also, should I do a small test of my understanding of the scripting system with things like this before I start writing the story itself, just to practice it and make sure I know how to do it correctly? Again, sorry for a bunch of questions. I just want to get this right!:grinning:

0 Likes

I was doing:
EXT. EARTH with overlay SPACESHIP WINDOW
Because this is how I did it on my previous stories and all overlay’s worked when I did it this way.

0 Likes

ah, okay! thank you! I’m also stuck on my script now - it says there’s ‘unexpected garbage’, but I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong?
here’s the script. again, ignore the slashes :slight_smile:

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY LOCKERS - DAY
@/cut to zone 2

music music_upbeatpulse

&SOPHIA spot 0.696 70 289 AND SOPHIA is talk_gossip AND SOPHIA faces left
&ZOE spot 0.633 34 318 AND ZOE is laugh_giggle AND ZOE faces right
&AMELIA spot 0.633 108 318 AND AMELIA is laugh_giggle AND AMELIA faces left
&YOU spot 1.179 247 46 AND ELYSSA spot 1.175 170 52
&YOU is talk_agree_happy AND ELYSSA is talk_excited_happy
@/transition fade in black 5

NARRATOR (YOU)
Oh. This is my best friend, Elyssa. My only friend, really.
She’s the only person I can actually trust, who I feel happy around.
Thing is?.. I don’t love her as a friend. I just like her.

@/zoom on SOPHIA to 200% in 1.5

NARRATOR (YOU)
Ugh. And them.
The mean girls - every school has them…
That one on the left is Zoe.

@/zoom on ZOE to 350% in 1
@/ZOE is flirt_wink_atcamera

NARRATOR (YOU)
The one on the right is Amelia.
@/zoom on AMELIA to 350% in 1
@/AMELIA is eyeroll_subtle

NARRATOR (YOU)
Oh. And that one in the middle is Sophia.
@/zoom on SOPHIA to 350% in 1
@/SOPHIA is kiss_blow_happy AND faces right

NARRATOR (YOU)
She’s the worst.

@ zoom reset

0 Likes

do you have a script for eating 3 people, sitting on the table in the caffetaria from school?

0 Likes

I am writing a story called Sisterly Love and one of my characters are getting dressed for a date. They have given the readers a choice of hairstyles and clothes that the character should wear. I’m just wondering how do you make it so that the character has the hairstyle and clothing choice that the readers have chosen?

0 Likes

I’ve figured it out now sorry for wasting your time.

0 Likes

It’s kinda a stupid question, but why does it take forever for episode to preview a simple background I wanted to use for my story? I literally took 3 days, and it’s still not previewed, so I had to delay my episode, all I wanted to use was this picture here:

0 Likes