Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I’ve come back with another question again.

How do you fade into a background in a specific zone and have your characters in that zone. I’ve been playing around for about half an hour now trying to figure it out, and cannot. Let me show you some scripts I tried.

@transition fade out black 3
INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - NIGHT
@transition fade in black 3
@cut to zone 3
@CHARACTER stands screen right AND CHARACTER faces left
@CHARACTER is idle_happy_loop

I tried this as well

@cut to zone 3

And this

@cut to zone 3

@cut to zone 3

None of these opened up in zone 3 with my character being there as it fades in. I simply want to fade into a zone 3 with my character being there as it fades in. I’ve had it start in zone 1 for the fade in, then cut to zone 3 with the character there.

I understand that things load in sequential, being line 36 will load, then 37, and so on. That being the case, is there a special script line to write so that my story fades in on zone 3 with my character being there as it fades in?

Thank you again for the help.

You need to cut to the zone and place your character in the scene using the & sign before the transition command.

INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY
&CHARACTER stands [position] and CHARACTER faces [left/right] and CHARACTER is [animation]
&cut to zone #
@transition fade in

2 Likes

Oh okay!! Thank you! Man, you must be helping people all day. God bless ya for it :joy: That answers all my questions (for now at least)! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Dara.

I’ve been looking for a gun overlay for a while and I was wondering if Episode has a gun overlay or if its something you as a writer has to find yourself. Also when using the idle_hold_gun what the code for the gun overlay would be when the character is doing the animation.

I’m a little unsure about it so please help if you can.

Thanks before hand :smile:

Hey!!
So if I use gains in respect to remembering the choice of the outfit that the reader made in previous episode
What would I use for using that gain would it be if/else or would it be something else??

Thank you…

Yea you’d have to find a gun overlay and upload it yourself. But I believe what you’re asking for is the gun prop. If you want to use the gun animations, you’d have to add the gun prop to your character: A Complete List of Props and How to Use Them (Hidden Props Also!)

1 Like

Yes, the only way to remember anything is by using if/elif/else

1 Like

Okay…:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Hey again Dara.

I’ve got a scene where I have a multiple choice where the choices leads to different scenes. I want it to be like when the scenes in a choice is over it returns to the original scene but I can’t seem to get it right.

It keeps just having the multiple choice in the scene it ended with and it’s not supposed to be like that.

Can you help?

This is my script so far:

INT. OFFICE BOARDROOM - DAY

@cut to zone 3

@Character stands screen right in zone 3 AND Character faces left AND Character stands upscreen left AND Character faces right

Narrator

label whotocall

Narrator

choice “option1” {

EXT. PARK AMPITHEATER - DAY

@Character stands screen right AND Character faces left

goto whotocall

} “option2” {

INT. REGENCY ERA STUDY - DAY

@cut to zone 3

@Character spot 0.947 224 200 in zone 3 AND Character is idle_read_book

goto whotocall

} “option3” {

goto whotocall

} “option4” {

goto whotocall

} “option5” {

goto whotocall

} “option6” {

goto whotocall

} “option7” {

goto whotocall

} “option8” {

goto whotocall

}

So in each option there’s a different scene, then the “goto whotocall” goes back to Office Boardroom scene, correct? Is that what you’re trying to do?

Yes exactly :slight_smile:

So then you need to re-add the scene and character placements after the label “whotocall”

@cut to zone 3
@Character stands screen right in zone 3 AND Character faces left AND Character stands upscreen left AND Character faces right

[the rest of your scene here]

label whotocall

@cut to zone 3

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH DARA :smile: I’ve been struggling with this for a long long time

oh it’s okay now, it was on a different section of my script. sorry :laughing:

how do I make my filter set to zero if its like this?

FILTER: Sepia

&set hsl 5 -50 8 colorize with blendMode NORMAL to 100%

Hi, I need help on this, It kept saying that something is wrong, but I can’t seem to find whats wrong, do you know what it is?

You need the word “from” in there

@/CHRISTINA enters from left to screen center

1 Like

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that i didn’t write it. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

how do you make character’s parents look like them after the reader customizes MC? do they have to customize the parent too or is there a way to make what hair color they choose on MC to go onto the mom/dad?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14cdIWzBcuYbx69K3uCDiBk6eMGPzEzuAb5ZZcUcaosI/edit?usp=sharing

2 Likes