Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Are you adding the zone number when you add the overlay to the scene?

0 Likes

If you’re asking how to go to a different zone, use @pan to zone #
If you’re asking how to get a moving background, you have to use a looping background.

1 Like

No, I didn’t add the zone but only because the background I’m using only has one zone and the other overlay I have on the same background didn’t require me to mention it.

0 Likes

How are you adding the overlay?

0 Likes

How do I get an overlay top appear in the place I want it and not have it shift to places. I have a red car that I need to have just about peering into the shot. Can any body tell me a way to make that happen instead of the car being in mid air then it going to the place I want it!

0 Likes

You have to add “in 0” at the end of the shifts code, or just add the overlay to the background name:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to fix where it has the warnings?

0 Likes

It’s eyesColor with an “s”

1 Like

Thank you!

0 Likes

Ok i have a problem and can’t seem to solve it.
In my first chapter, there is customatization of character at the start. when you choose a skin color or eye color or lipstick for your character, character of you mom also changes into it (so that family look alike).
Now the problem is, as soon as i preview second chapter i notice that all those changes and customizations are canceled…is this because i preview on the comeputer or do i have to actually do something to make those changes permanent?

please i need help ASAP

0 Likes

It’s because you’re using the web previewer. The web previewer doesn’t remember things from previous episodes. If you test your story in the app, your characters’ appearances will change and stay that way.

0 Likes

Ok i really hoped this is the case :smiley: thank you <3

0 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: the scene starts in color then fades into black and white but after it fades for some reason the color pops back on for a second then goes back to white and black. Does that make sense?

0 Likes

Put the filter command after the background name and add “in 0” at the end of it.

1 Like

Hey Dara! I’m trying to lock some choices but when I preview the game, the choices have a padlock but they do work, if I hit that button it sends me to the label I’m trying to block. Any idea why?

0 Likes

Using <LOCKED> doesn’t actually lock your choices; it only adds a padlock image to the choice.

1 Like

How do I have an overlay show up in zone 2?

0 Likes

Place the overlay in zone 2

1 Like

Hey, this is kinda complex so bear with me.
So, the mc in my story has a default name, but I want to give readers a choice to customize her name if they feel like it. Say, the default name is Remy- then there’s choice to keep the name as Remy or to change it. Since readers have a choice to type in the name, the display name for Remy is going to be [NAME]. But if readers choose to keep the name the same, how do I automatically make it so that the story fills in [NAME] as Remy?
Or should I just tell them to type in Remy in a type in choice and trust them on it?

0 Likes

Ohhhh so it’s only for show then? hahaha well thanks

0 Likes