Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Hi I’m back :confused: can you help me fix this error?

0 Likes

Remove that space between go and to on line 2925

1 Like

ah, thank you once again :slight_smile:

0 Likes

hehe 2nd time today. do you know how to put an overlay in front of a character? like for example, i want to have it where a character enters the rooms and walks behind the dinner table and then walks and sits at the table.

0 Likes

HII can you help me? So basically I wanted to have the narrator talk after one of my characters, but then an error comes and says I can’t have one character immediately following another.
EXAMPLE:
SOPHIA (talk_neutral_loop)
Ok see ya then

NARRATOR
SCHOOL BELL RINGS

0 Likes

You’ll have to put your character at a lower layer than the overlay. Here’s how to layer overlays:

1 Like

You need a period, exclamation point, or any ending puncuation if you have dialogue in all caps.

1 Like

OK thanks so much it worked!

0 Likes

Hey, if a character is laying down, how do you make it have a transparent background if you can’t fully see it?

0 Likes

Thank you so much @Dara.Amarie !

0 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean?

0 Likes

Like, when people make covers, they cut out their character & place it in their own background. But, my question is, if a character is laying down, how can cut that character out?

0 Likes

They screenshot it on their phone then use a photo editing app/website to cut out the character.

0 Likes

I’m trying to have one character punch another, and have the other character react to it. For some reason, that character isn’t doing their action. Here’s what I’ve tried:

&ERICA faces right and ERICA is punch_jab
@ANNA is punch_receive

@ANNA is punch_receive and ERICA faces right and ERICA is punch_jab

@ANNA is faint and ERICA faces right and ERICA is punch_jab

&ANNA is punch_receive
@ERICA faces right and ERICA is punch_jab

The character ANNA doesn’t do her action while ERICA is doing her’s. I’ve switched it up and changed the action, previewed it in the app, even refreshed the page. Why isn’t it working and what can I do to fix it?

0 Likes

Hi, I’m not an expert or anything but if you use the starts command then both character do it at the same time.
Example:
@ERICA starts punch_jab
@ANNA starts punch_receive
If you use that start command both characters do this at the same time
(btw you used the is command which makes them do it at a different time)
I hope this helped :grinning:

0 Likes

She is using & and AND which makes them also do it at the same time.

1 Like

Which action is the one ANNA isn’t doing?

0 Likes

I’m trying to get her to do punch_receive while ERICA is punching her, but all she does it just stand there.

0 Likes

Which one? There’s 3 different parts with ANNA doing the punch_receive? Can you bold the part?

0 Likes

That doesn’t work either :sob:

0 Likes