Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

The app has been updated. There are only 2 options now. If you want to size your character, pinch the screen to make them smaller or move 2 fingers away from each other to make them bigger. Then just move them around the screen to move the character to a different spot.

2 Likes

You can, but I don’t think its necessary, because then you will always have a “have you read this chapter” in your first 3 episodes which doesn’t look that great. I don’t think the whole rereading an episode is such a big deal.

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

perfect! thank you for saving lives everyday

1 Like

How do people get all of those animations in their story? is it overlays?

0 Likes

Animations? Are you talking about objects and images moving around? Then yes those are overlays. You can learn about how to use them here: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

1 Like

yes thank you!

0 Likes

Hi Dara I’m back :wink:
So when somebody chooses what they look like (specifically hair for my case) and I decide to do a flashback and change their hair how do I change the hair back to it’s original look without having the reader choose their hairstyle again?

0 Likes

You’d have to use a duplicate character and change that character’s hair. Then when you’re done with the flashback, just switch back to the main character.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!!!

0 Likes

Hey, can I ask for help ?

0 Likes

immagine
This is my problem, idk how to fix this. I will be very greatful if you help.

0 Likes

In order to move the speech bubbles, do I use the command @speechbubbles? or is there a different command for that?

0 Likes

You have to change their layers. The male character needs to be at a higher layer than the female character: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

0 Likes

This guide will help you: 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

1 Like

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Thanks a lot :heart:

0 Likes

Hi, Dara!
I am currently making a story with a scene that requires a certain background to make sense and I’m definitely not an artist. I need the front door of a house with a bright orange sign attached that says “EVICTION NOTICE”. What would be the best way to obtain that?

0 Likes

Also…I think I should probably learn how to make backgrounds, cover art, etc. Do you know any good programs for that?

0 Likes

If you check out the Art Resources section, there are many wonderful people there that are willing to create/edit backgrounds and art for everyone. All you have to do is just ask.

1 Like