Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

The app has been updated. There are only 2 options now. If you want to size your character, pinch the screen to make them smaller or move 2 fingers away from each other to make them bigger. Then just move them around the screen to move the character to a different spot.

2 Likes

You can, but I don’t think its necessary, because then you will always have a “have you read this chapter” in your first 3 episodes which doesn’t look that great. I don’t think the whole rereading an episode is such a big deal.

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

perfect! thank you for saving lives everyday

1 Like

How do people get all of those animations in their story? is it overlays?

Animations? Are you talking about objects and images moving around? Then yes those are overlays. You can learn about how to use them here: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

1 Like

yes thank you!

Hi Dara I’m back :wink:
So when somebody chooses what they look like (specifically hair for my case) and I decide to do a flashback and change their hair how do I change the hair back to it’s original look without having the reader choose their hairstyle again?

You’d have to use a duplicate character and change that character’s hair. Then when you’re done with the flashback, just switch back to the main character.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!!!

Hey, can I ask for help ?

immagine
This is my problem, idk how to fix this. I will be very greatful if you help.

In order to move the speech bubbles, do I use the command @speechbubbles? or is there a different command for that?

You have to change their layers. The male character needs to be at a higher layer than the female character: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

This guide will help you: 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot :heart:

Hi, Dara!
I am currently making a story with a scene that requires a certain background to make sense and I’m definitely not an artist. I need the front door of a house with a bright orange sign attached that says “EVICTION NOTICE”. What would be the best way to obtain that?

Also…I think I should probably learn how to make backgrounds, cover art, etc. Do you know any good programs for that?

If you check out the Art Resources section, there are many wonderful people there that are willing to create/edit backgrounds and art for everyone. All you have to do is just ask.

1 Like