Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Perfect! Thank you!!!

Hey, can I ask for help ?

immagine
This is my problem, idk how to fix this. I will be very greatful if you help.

In order to move the speech bubbles, do I use the command @speechbubbles? or is there a different command for that?

You have to change their layers. The male character needs to be at a higher layer than the female character: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

This guide will help you: šŸ’­ HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot :heart:

Hi, Dara!
I am currently making a story with a scene that requires a certain background to make sense and Iā€™m definitely not an artist. I need the front door of a house with a bright orange sign attached that says ā€œEVICTION NOTICEā€. What would be the best way to obtain that?

Alsoā€¦I think I should probably learn how to make backgrounds, cover art, etc. Do you know any good programs for that?

If you check out the Art Resources section, there are many wonderful people there that are willing to create/edit backgrounds and art for everyone. All you have to do is just ask.

1 Like

It says invalid spot ā€œscreen positionā€

Hey! This isnā€™t really for directing help, but is there any active threads where you can ask an opinion on dialogue? I asked my friend, but iā€™d love to see an opinion from someone else in the community. :heart:

You can ask or post a thread in the Share Feedback section of the forums. There are a lot of people willing give any type of feedback on your stories.

1 Like

ā€œscreen positionā€ needs to be a spot on the screen like screen center or screen left

How do you do zones? I want my char to stand in the last zone of the background INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - NIGHT but whatā€™s the command to do it?

@cut to zone #

ty! how do you get the zoom to be on the zone?

Cut to the zone first, then zoom

Sorry if Iā€™m annoying you, but I tried watching a video of Joseph Evans about zooms, but the scene is still in zone 1 . My script is:

EXT. DUTCH COLONIAL HOME - NIGHT
@speechbubble is 164 393 to 100%
&zoom on 189 382 to 292% in 4
NARRATOR (ELIJAH)
My bedroom feels warm, but itā€™s cold outside.
I could tell because of the foggy windows.
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 3
@ELIJAH stands upscreen right in zone 4 AND ELIJAH is listen_phone_sad_loop

INT. DUMPY APARTMENT BEDROOM - NIGHT

@transition fade in black in 4