Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Oh, that makes so much sense! Thank you!!

0 Likes

0 Likes

Just bumping this up!

0 Likes

I need a little help with the prop addition anytime I add the prop it shows an error
@add RED CUP to JONES and they say it’s not a valid directing command. Please I’m I doing something wrong. Thanks :thinking:

0 Likes

I still have no idea what you mean. I just won’t worry about it right now. Thank you anyway.

0 Likes

I’m assuming you don’t know much about overlay animations? You should take a look at this then

0 Likes

Hey I need a bit of help with coding, I a custom background in my story (It’s a kind of worn out letter with text on it) and I want to give the readers a choice like, “Are you done reading or do you need more time” So how do I do that?

0 Likes

For the choice option to have more time, just pause for a certain amount of time. Or tell your readers to tap the screen when they are done reading. For this have the speech bubble at 0% so it doesn’t show up on screen.

NARRATOR
Are you done reading?
choice
“Yes” {
continue

} “No, I need more time.” {

NARRATOR
Okay, just tap the screen when you are finished.

@speechbubble is 160 160 to 0%
NARR

@speechbubble reset
}

0 Likes

Uh, I’m sorry but I don’t really get it :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

When you have a speechbubble’s scale size at 0%, it does not show up on screen. So the background won’t change until someone taps the screen (like a tap to continue feature)

0 Likes

Oh Okay so for the first yes choice all I need to write after the choice is continue? Or I don’t need to write continue?

0 Likes

You don’t need to write continue. You can leave it blank or put in whatever you want to happen after they choose “yes”

1 Like

Thank you so much!

0 Likes

You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Please help me with point systems and adding two or more overlays :disappointed_relieved:

0 Likes

The points system:

Overlays Guide:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m trying to make the camera pan around a beach before my scene takes place, however, my character Poppy won’t swim from zone 1 to zone 2 like I want her to. The line ‘@follow POPPY…’ has a warning next to it.
My code:

EXT. TROPICAL BEACH - DAY
@cut to zone 1
@EXTRA 2 spot 0.803 209 267 AND EXTRA 2 is tinker_kneel_loop
@POPPY spot 0.263 -41 511 AND POPPY is swim_rear
@follow POPPY to spot 0.371 176 425 in zone 2 AND POPPY is swim_rear
@remove POPPY

Please help!! Thanks

0 Likes

The follow command does not work with spots. You will have to pan to zone 2 while your character walks.

&pan to zone 2 in T
@POPPY walks to spot 0.371 176 425 in T in zone 2 and POPPY does it while swim_rear

in T is time in seconds, so both of those need to be the same number of seconds.

0 Likes

It works!!! Thank you so much! :grinning::grinning: I was also wondering how I could change in which direction she swims in the animation

0 Likes

Make her face left or right as she is swimming

@POPPY walks to spot 0.371 176 425 in T in zone 2 and POPPY faces left/right and POPPY does it while swim_rear

0 Likes