Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Remove the @ in front of ROBBER

It means that you have a label dressinggame_3 but never used a goto that leads to that label, so the label is never used.

You must have deleted the label LipsColor_MC1, or the that goto isn’t using the correct label

i want my character to do something in the background but im using & and they are not

SOREYA (talk_agree_happy)
Bugsy has me doing other jobs now. And whenever I'm in the diner you're not
    YOU (idle_sad_timid_loop)
(This is so awkward, Isabelle and Soreya always know others while I look like a loser)
    &YOU is deepbreath
   &YOU is idle_awkward_scratch_loop
  &YOU is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop

Also I have a table overlay that needs scaling and when i change backgrounds to both sides of the booth it has a small pause before showing up & is also used

Using & for all the comands makes them all happen at the same time. If you want the character YOU to do those animations while being in the background, you need to use the THEN command

&YOU is deepbreath THEN YOU is idle_awkward_scratch_loop THEN YOU is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop

and for the overlay, is there anything i can do?

Add the overlay to the background name, instead of using the scales command:

Hi! I need some help with an unexpected garbage error;
i want to pause for multiple seconds, so i just put pause for a beat multiple times. Is there maybe something like pause for 3 sec?

@pause for #

So pausing for 3 seconds would just be @pause for 3

1 Like

Ahh sorry to be annoying but I have another problem
basically i used this coding (ignore slash)

@/YOU exits left does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop

@/pause for 3

@/YOU enters from left to screen right AND faces left

@/LOLA enters from left to screen left AND faces right

but YOU doesn’t exit the screen, and LOLA just appears in the right side of the screen with 0 animation. I also have two errors that say “Use @/CHARACTER enters from X to screen Y” and “Use something like @/CHARACTER exits right”, but I have used both coding strings? So I don’t really get what the problem is

How do I use the filters?

@/YOU exits left and YOU does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop

@/pause for 3

@/YOU enters from left to screen right AND THEN YOU faces left

@/LOLA enters from left to screen left AND THEN LOLA faces right

1 Like

How would you do if you were spotting the characters? I’m not using the simple command such as @CHAR enters from left/right. Lemme show you what I mean:
&YOUNG GABRIELLE spot 1.028 400 97 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE faces left
&YOUNG GABRIELLE walks to spot 1.028 195 97 in 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE does it while walk_exhausted
&YOUNG GABRIELLE spot 1.028 195 97 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE faces left
YOUNG GABRIELLE
Love you too dad.

Change the &’s to @‘s and remove the last spot command

@YOUNG GABRIELLE spot 1.028 400 97 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE faces left
@YOUNG GABRIELLE walks to spot 1.028 195 97 in 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE does it while walk_exhausted
&YOUNG GABRIELLE spot 1.028 195 97 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND YOUNG GABRIELLE faces left
YOUNG GABRIELLE
Love you too dad.

Okay, but the character didn’t walk while she made her dialogue.

You didn’t say that’s what you were trying to do. Just change the @ back to the & sign for the walking command.

Oh I am so sorry . I thought it did, but thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to do dialogue after a choice branch, but it either only shows one and not the other, or uses the text of one for both of the choices. I’m not sure how to fix it, so some help would be amazing!

How do we put 2 overlays on one background?

You don’t need to use the if/else for this part. The if/elif/else is usually used for later moments or in different episodes. You should put the dialogue inside the the choices; it’s a lot easier and less complicated.