Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

What’s the absolute MAXIMUM quantity of lines we’re allowed to have per episode? Not dialogue, but lines of code.

I’m not really sure what you’re asking? A sound/song will only loop if you use “music”

I believe it goes up to around 30,000 lines

Hey there! How do you use overlays? I’m trying to have two characters sitting behind a desk in the library background INT. PUBLIC LIBRARY - DAY Thanks!:smile:

Hey there! I’m trying to get a character behind an overlay, but it won’t work. Here’s the script if it’ll help::

EXT. JUVIE OLIVER ROW HOME - NIGHT with GARAGECRED1 to 1.084 -172 -46 in zone 2 at layer 2
@cut to zone 2
@pause for 1
@ADDISON moves to layer 0
@ADDISON changes into spy2
@ADDISON spot 1.133 -62 184
@pause for 1
@ADDISON moves to layer 2
@ADDISON walks to spot 1.133 192 164 AND ADDISON does it while run_athletic
ADDISON
You told me the coast was clear!

Here’s an overlay guide made by Dara :heart:

1 Like

Good afternoon,
I am trying to have a conversation with my characters with animation of course but I am finding that my characters stay in the same animation until they do something else. So, i have created @character is animation in between which has now caused a delay and the conversation doesn’t seem fluid. Can you help?

Is there a way to do it that they revert back to an idle animation as the other character is talking. I remember using & but it’s giving me script errors when I use it.

You have to place your character first before you layer them. Just add the layer to the spot code

@/ADDISON spot 1.133 -62 in zone 2 at layer 0

1 Like

&CHARACTER1 is idle
CHARACTER2
Dialogue.

1 Like

I remember working with you before and I must say … YOU ARE AMAZING at this!!! Thank you!

1 Like

I have your twins and family member cc template but I am confused. I want the reader to be able to change their character and it affect their twin HOWEVER the twin has a child that I want to change as well. In the event that the reader choose a darker skin color, I need it to affect the father of the child as well. Does that make sense? Would I only need to had that "father on the darker skin colors only?

I wasn’t sure the length of the non-loop music like it only plays for 30 seconds or something like that. Another question I have is, I have a character punching another one. It works out fine but the character receiving the punch for some reason does the animation twice.
&CLARA is punch_jab
@MADDOX SPENCER is punch_receive
@remove Handgun from MADDOX SPENCER

NARRATOR (CLARA)
He screamed and dropped his gun, that's when I ran.

&MADDOX SPENCER is idle_wounded

He receives the punch at the correct time and then again after I remove the handgun, what am I doing wrong? I tried placing a pause for 0 just because that has helped with a lot of other problems but doesn’t seem to help this.

@BRIDGET enters from left to screen right AND BRIDGET is run_athletic

&pan BRIDGET to zone 2
@BRIDGET is run_athletic to screen center

@BRIDGET faces left AND BRIDGET is idle_wounded

What am I doing wrong?

it still doesn’t work though,
sorry if this bothers you

Add the father to the template and have the father change skin tones at the same time as the main character. If you want the father’s original skin tone to stay the same if the readers choose a light or medium skin tone, then have the father change into that specific skin tone for all the light and medium choices. And if you want the father’s skin tone to change into a darker skin tone if the reader chose a dark skin tone, then have the father change to a dark skin color.

So if you want the father to keep the skin tone “Beige” if the reader chooses a light or medium skin tone, do this:

NARRATOR
Medium skin tones.

choice [shouldPaginate: YES]
“Olive” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Olive
@FATHER changes bodyColor into Beige
goto skincolor_medium1
} “Tan” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Tan
goto skincolor_medium1
} “Taupe” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Taupe
goto skincolor_medium1
}

And if you want the father’s skin tone to change to a darker skin tone if the reader chooses a dark skin tone, do this

NARRATOR
Dark skin tones.

choice [shouldPaginate: YES]
“Umber” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Umber
@FATHER changes into Rosewood
goto skincolor_dark1
} “Rosewood” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Rosewood
goto skincolor_dark1
} “Mocha” {
@FEMALEAVATAR changes bodyColor into Mocha
goto skincolor_dark1
}

1 Like

Anytime you have a character add or remove a prop, they will repeat the last animation they last did. Remove the prop before he does the “punch_receive” animation, or make him do a different animation after the “punch_receive”

1 Like

These are not actual commands. You can’t pan a character. Are you trying to get her to walk to zone 2 while running? The command looks like this:

@follow BRIDGET to screen center in zone 2 and BRIDGET does it while run_athletic

Do you want her to stay behind the overlay the whole time or does she eventually go in front of it? You have her move to layer 2 right before she walks, which is the same layer as the overlay.

Wow. I want to have the reader be able to choose their own character look but that’s just a hot mess of a template. LOL Are there any pre-made templates I could use and then work on trying to get it customized like your examples?

I have 4 characters that will be affected by the customization template.

I also sent you a message on Instagram. =)

Are the twin and the twin’s child both female? All you need to do is just use “@CHARACTER becomes MAIN CHARACTER” for same gendered characters. Then just change their other features using the codes provided in the document. For the father, just add him to the template exactly how I showed up. It’s not that complicated, it’s actually really simple