Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Remove “and overlay TEXT2 create” from line 1106

yes

Hey dara I needed help with coding an animated intro
image image
So basically I will have 2-3 overlays and I want it to look like the tears are streaming down the eyes, like a gif or animation?
2) also I have another question can I make an overlay
Invisible and than partly visible than viable
Like a smooth opacity transition? Idk I hope u understand what I mean?

*visible

Hey! Not sure if this has already been asked on this thread (& I’m sorry if it has!) but how would I go about coding so the reader can type in their own name?

Place your overlays where you want them and to make a tear fall down, shift it lower on the screen.
To make an overlay invisible or see through, you have to play around with opacity.

1 Like

I’m trying to add people walking by and maybe standing in one of the zones etc and I can’t seem to get past an error.

&BRIDGET spot 0.902 153 189 in zone 1 at layer -2 AND BRIDGET faces right
&AARON spot 0.677 138 206 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND AARON faces right

&BARM enters from right in zone 1 at layer -5 AND BARM exits left

&pan to zone 3 in 4
&AARON walks to spot 0.677 138 206 in zone 3 in 4
@BRIDGET walks to spot 0.902 153 189 in zone 3 in 4 AND BRIDGET does it while walk_talk_happy

Also, If I wanted people to be stand in zone 2 by a store where would I put them?

&BARM enters from right in zone 1 at layer -5 AND BARM moves to layer 5 THEN BARM exits left

You cannot add the zone and layer to an “enters” command.

Just place them in a spot in zone 2 wherever you want them to be placed.

1 Like

Thanks. I wanted the character to just kind of walking by the other direction as they are walking. Would that still work?

I can’t seem to get the pan to stop in zone 2 to place characters and my BARM is not appearing at all.

&BRIDGET spot 0.902 153 189 in zone 1 at layer -2 AND BRIDGET faces right
&AARON spot 0.677 138 206 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND AARON faces right

@BARM enters from right in zone 2 AND BARM moves to layer 5 THEN BARM exits left

@EXTRAF spot 0.740 28 294 in zone 2 at layer 4 AND EXTRAF faces right AND EXTRAM spot 0.758 87 287 in zone 2 at layer 5 I had to spot help in zone 3 then change them to 2 now they are in position somewhat but in front of main characters

&pan to zone 3 in 4
&AARON walks to spot 0.677 138 206 in zone 3 in 4
@BRIDGET walks to spot 0.902 153 189 in zone 3 in 4 AND BRIDGET does it while walk_talk_happy

So I need a little help getting my characters to move with the background also moving I am using the fashion hallway loop and want my character to walk to the right with the loop then have the loop stop and change the background to the fashion hallway that isn’t a loop anymore. @Dara.Amarie if you could help that would be fantastic.

how do you make the scene start while characters starts walking? Using same script above minus the @BARM since I couldn’t get him to appear in the scene. Scene starts and they just stand there for a few seconds before they start walking.

Im having trouble with the whole script instead of people they show up in bubbles and when I put in commands they only show up on the sides.

Are you using a transition command? If you want BARM to be in the scene you’ll have to use spot direction and make him walk to a spot instead of entering and exiting the scene.

Instead of using the looping background (because it will look weird going from a loop to a non loop background), just use the non loop static background and have your character enter in the first zone, then make her walk to zone 3.

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY
@CHARACTER enters from left to upscreen left
@follow CHARACTER to screen center in zone 3

1 Like

You chose the spotlight format when you created your story. You will have to create a whole new story and make sure to choose the cinematic format and not the spotlight format.

I was going to use a transition but even when I wasn’t using anything and just from scene start they still had a delay before walking. I was going to trying having them start off screen as one fluid movement but that wasn’t working out either.

Also (Off topic) when I do playback on web, the story works as written but when I view story from mobile, it’s had glitches. Would you know why?

It’s most likely because you’re probably using @ somewhere where you should be using &

Also if it “glitches” in the app then there’s something you need to fix in your script. It could be because of overlays. Always trust the app over the web previewer. I’d have to see a screenshot of your script to see what the problem is.

Thank you!