Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

Never mind, I got it. :slight_smile:

LOL New question one someone has sometime, I had someone point out that sometimes my Characters leave the scene and walk really fast. How do I slow them down? :slight_smile:

Oh I don’t want her behind it. I finally have it figured out.

Although now I want to play sound

I’ve chosen a music sound then at the end I want a regular sound.

How do I stop music for the sound but not have the music cut off short. How can I have it kind of go down then the sound happens. I hope you understand that. I started to confuse myself.

you just have to put a time on it. @CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in T (T) = seconds. I think you can even do it @CHARACTER enters from left to screen center in 3

Try that and see if it works.

1 Like

In some stories, there are choices where if the reader chooses them, it’ll have an effect on the story line. How would I do that? Is that called branching choices? I don’t know how to explain it.

Can check out this thread: HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else)
Also, the point system is good to know: The Points System

So I just put at the end “in number of seconds”
Thank you. :slight_smile:

Okay. Well I have this choice where the reader has to choose if they want the character to listen in on a conversation or don’t eavesdrop. It the reader wants to the character to listen in on a conversation how would I do? Would I use the if/elif/else choices?

Generic example:
@CHAR walks to spot S X Y in T

An example:
@CHAR walks to spot 0.900 50 90 in 3

=3 is the number of seconds it takes for them to walk to that position; it doesn’t have to be 3, can be any number of seconds-4, 5, 6, etc.

1 Like

Thank you.
Hey are you on your way? | underline , color:blue | I overslept again!! | reset | (why is it saying this is wrung?)

generally yes. the higher the number the slower they walk

1 Like

Try this instead:
Hey are you on your way? |underline, color:blue| I overslept again |reset, no-space|!!

1 Like

1 Like

i need help with a male template! heres the things i want the reader to customize

skin tone
eyes (eye color)
lips (lip color)
nose
eyebrows (eyebrow color)

Can check out: LIMITED Character Customization Templates & WORKSHOP!

hey, i kinda need help with changing characters;-;

Do you know how to change eye and lip shape?

For example ik how to change eye color: @CHARACTER changes eyesColor into Blue

@CHARACTER changes bodyColor into Color
@CHARACTER changes eyebrows into Eyebrow
@CHARACTER changes eyebrowsColor into Color
@CHARACTER changes face into Face
@CHARACTER changes eyes into Eyes
@CHARACTER changes eyesColor into Color
@CHARACTER changes mouth into Mouth
@CHARACTER changes mouthColor into Color
@CHARACTER changes hair into Hair
@CHARACTER changes hairColor into Color
@CHARACTER changes nose into Nose

1 Like

I’m a bit confused with what you’re trying to do?

You first have these 2 choice options…

But then you start another choice with the first choice option as the next choice’s name?

But then you’re trying to combine the 2 different choices in your if/elif/else which doesn’t make sense and is also not possible…

Try reading through this guide to understand how an if/elif/else works and how to remember choices in the correct format: DARA’S GUIDE: Remember Choices with if/elif/else

:blush::blush: tysm for the help!