Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I tried
&transition fade out red 0.3
but it did’t work. I reluctantly switched to
@transition fade out red 0.3
But how come it wouldn’t work with ampersand?

There’s currently a problem with the writer portal. Many other users (including myself) have been experiencing the same issue. You should submit a ticket

https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Transitions cannot work with &, if you want to have something happen while the transition is happening, then the other command needs to use the &

I’m not an expert or anything but I think it’s because & is for actions at the same time :joy:

Hi Dara. Welcome back and hope all is well.

First I got all my script correct but the problem is I’m trying to make my overlay move. I got the EFFECT SMOKE overlay but I don’t know how to make it move from one place to another well basically just to constantly move and repeat, if that makes sense.

@set hsl 0 -100 0 no_colorize with blendMode NORMAL to 100%
EXT. LOOPING WOODS - NIGHT

readerMessage Fifteen Years Ago

@overlay EFFECT SMOKE create
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to 1 0
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE to layer 3
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE opacity 1 in 0

@overlay EFFECT SMOKE create
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to -178 -31
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE to layer 3
@overlay EFFECT SMOKE opacity 0 in 0

Do you want to have your overlay shift from spot to spot in a loop? If so, this is how you loop overlays:

So if you want your overlay to shift from spot 1 0 to spot -178 -31 on a loop, it would look like this:

&overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to -178 -31 in T THEN overlay EFFECT SMOKE shifts to 1 0 in T loop INFINITE times

1 Like

Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

Can someone help me on this: Parts of Scene are skipped

Can you help with the last two lines on this picture? It says there is an error. I have tried multiple times to fix it.

You can’t add “in zone #” to an enters command. You’ll have to cut to zone 3 first then have your character enter.

You also cannot have 2 “changes into” commands on the same line. They need to be on separate lines.

1 Like

Ah okay, Thank you very much!

what am I doing wrong? :no_mouth:

Is there anyone free to code?

You will have to fix your gain names.

If you’re looking for a coder, you should post in the Find a Writing Partner section.

I’m new here so this is probably a very easy problem to fix.
I want my characters to be walking down a street for a long time, so I chose the background “EXT. OUTDOOR STREET LOOP - DAY”. However, when I watch the preview, the background does not move and the characters are just walking in place. How do I make it so that the background moves while the characters are walking?

Unfortunately, that loop background has not worked for years now. You’ll have to find another looping background to use.

That’s too bad, thank you though!

How do you make a character walk backwards?
Like I have this;

&YOUNG KESY faces left AND YOUNG KESY walks to spot 0.318 306 342 in 2

but on the previewer it doesn’t show it like that.

I accidently stumbled upon how to do it by using this technique. I don’t think it works with & symbol.
@YOUNG KESY walks to spot 0.318 306 in 2 and YOUNG KESY faces left