Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

It should automatically have the character be in the same outfit from the last scene unless you or a choice changes it.

1 Like

Thank youu!!!

A character will stay in an outfit until you change it yourself. So if you have a character change into an outfit, then they will be in the same outfit for the next scene and even the next episodes after that until you change it to a different outfit.

2 Likes

Recently people have been having trouble with that looping background. It doesn’t seem to work anymore so I suggest submitting a ticket about the issue.

1 Like

Gain names cannot contain spaces. They should only have letters, numbers, and/or underscores, so you would need to change “gain Slightly Formal” to “gain Slightly_Formal” and then fix any other gain names that have spaces.

1 Like

Layers are what puts characters and overlays in front or behind another character or overlay. So if you have BOY at layer 1 and GIRL at layer 2, then GIRL will be in front of BOY (the higher the layer number the more in front they are).

Overlays are png/transparent images that you can add to a background (like a desk, chair, bed, etc.). They can go in front or behind a character and move around the scene or change it’s size. You can learn all about overlays HERE

love you love you love you love you!

1 Like

How do I make my character hold a baby without adding the overlay in the beginning of the scene?

Use the baby prop instead of the overlay

@add Prop Name to CHARACTER
@remove Prop Name from CHARACTER

Thank you for telling me, I’ll cut this scene or I’ll change with something else-

Hi, the script you gave me gives me an error why?
&AMY spot 1.314 218 17 zone 2 at layer 1 and AMY faces right and CHARACTER is idle_awkward
&CAROLINE spot 1.314 219 17 in zone 2 at layer 1 and CAROLINE faces right and CHARACTER is talk_apathetic
&MARINA spot in 1.314 220 17 zone 2 at layer 1 and MARINA faces right and MARINA is eyeroll
&LILY spot 1.314 306 17 in zone 2 at layer 1 and LILY faces left and LILY is idle_notepad
&KELLY spot 1.314 218 18 in zone 2 at layer 1 and KELLY faces left and KELLY is deepbreath
&ARIANA spot 1.314 218 20 in zone 2 at layer 1 and ARIANA faces right and CHARACTER is idle_read_book
&ALEXANDER spot in 1.314 218 30 zone 2 at layer 1 and ALEXANDER faces left and ALEXANDER is talk_doubtful
&CODY spot 1.314 218 32 in zone 2 at layer 1 and CODY faces right and CODY is talk_gossip
&DAVID spot 1.314 219 43 in zone 2 at layer 1 and DAVID faces left and DAVID is talk_gossip

Thank you so much what you wrote was really helpful!

So you know in that basment scene where they run, how do you get the infinite pan, and run?

You should check through everything you wrote and look for the mistakes you made anytime you get any type of error.

&AMY spot 1.314 218 17 zone 2 at layer 1 and AMY faces right and CHARACTER is idle_awkward
&CAROLINE spot 1.314 219 17 in zone 2 at layer 1 and CAROLINE faces right and CHARACTER is talk_apathetic
&MARINA spot in 1.314 220 17 zone 2 at layer 1 and MARINA faces right and MARINA is eyeroll
&LILY spot 1.314 306 17 in zone 2 at layer 1 and LILY faces left and LILY is idle_notepad
&KELLY spot 1.314 218 18 in zone 2 at layer 1 and KELLY faces left and KELLY is deepbreath
&ARIANA spot 1.314 218 20 in zone 2 at layer 1 and ARIANA faces right and CHARACTER is idle_read_book
&ALEXANDER spot in 1.314 218 30 zone 2 at layer 1 and ALEXANDER faces left and ALEXANDER is talk_doubtful
&CODY spot 1.314 218 32 in zone 2 at layer 1 and CODY faces right and CODY is talk_gossip
&DAVID spot 1.314 219 43 in zone 2 at layer 1 and DAVID faces left and DAVID is talk_gossip

1. You didn’t put the word “in” between 17 and zone
  2. You left in “CHARACTER” instead of putting your character’s name
  3. You put “spot in” when it should be just “spot

So I have a choice at the end of my story and it’s basically a FAQ for readers, but for some reason, I’m getting this error message: “Unexpected CHARACTER: NARRATOR”. Please help. Here’s the code:

NARRATOR
You’ve reached the end of the chapter.

label questions

NARRATOR
Do you have any questions?

choice
“When will the next chapter be out?”

NARRATOR
The next chapter will be out by the end of April!

You didn’t add a beginning bracket after that first choice option

Oh, gosh. I can’t believe I did that. Thank you so much!

Thankyou!!!

My coding for making two characters exit at once isn’t working could someone send me the correct coding to see if im making any mistakes

@CHARACTER1 exits left/right and CHARACTER2 exits left/right