Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I have an issue where i want my character to come on but after she talks, it’s a message from the narrator and it’s not working… i’ll put up a pic right away so you can see!

Hi Dara. Im using the points system but it’s really confusing me.

So I have 3 timed choices and for every choice that u click on that’s wrong u get a mess up point by +1. I was trying to use the if elif thing where if the char has 2 mess up points or more, they get knocked out but if they don’t they hide from danger.

but i’m not sure how to do this. i tried placing this code just before the 3rd choice, but i got confused as to what happens if the reader has 2 mess up points but they hide and if a reader has none but they don’t hide.

please help

Hi Dara! I need some help with my if/elif/else. How do I use them if I had 6 options! Please help me!

You used NARRATOR 2 times, you just need to put all of the narrator’s dialog into one place.

1 Like

thanks for helping me, i’ll help you.

if (first option) {
}
elif (second option) {
}
elif (third) {
}
elif (fourth){
}
elif (fifth) {
}
else (last) {
}
if this doesn’t work (which i don’t know why it wouldn’t), just do if for all of them instead for elif and else.

Hey!
I’ve got a question about overlay rotation.
So I know how to rotate overlay in place, but it rotates to the right. Is there a way to make it rotate to the left?

I think you have to go negative.

1 Like

I’ll try :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

Worked :slight_smile:
Jeez, so obvious. I feel dumb :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t worry about it :smiley:
To be honest, I feel bad I answered in her place
Sometimes you just can;t think through. I’m glad you found out!

1 Like

Don’t feel bad lol :smiley:
Girl has a lot of requests, so I think you’re making it a bit easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ve already read that

@Itzsummertimee

You have to add the zone number everytime you use the overlay shifts commands:

@SkyM

If animations aren’t working, try refreshing the page or restarting the app

@luckyvirgo

You’d have to use layers and place the character at a lower layer than the overlay so they will be behind it.

1- HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
2- DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

@AlexiaCapra

The error message you are getting is because you cannot have a dialogue that is all CAPS. You need to have a period or exclamation point (or any other ending puncuation), otherwise the script thinks the dialogue in all caps is a character name.

@Januva

Can you show me what you have in your script?

@LEMZI

Always make sure that else is always by itself

1 Like

Another reminder again:

Please keep in mind that this is my help thread and I run this thread on my own. Thank you.

1 Like

i originally had my character cry, then some footstep sounds appear then she’s terrified, and then someone from behind knocks her out. but, this was when I had the choice just after the 2nd choice of options/before the 3rd options. so if the reader has 2 MESS UP points, they will be knocked out. If they don’t, they continue the story. But I got confused as to how this would work if the reader choice the correct option for the 3rd set of choices

Thanks so much! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks!!! :grin:

2 Likes

this is a better one

i think the problem is that once the IF part is done, it goes to the 3rd choice