Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

You’re trying to have a character do an animation while another character talks right? That’s how it’s done. What are you typing into your script?

Oh, well, see, I didn’t try it the way with another character yet. I just had tried to get one character to two actions at a time. I’ll try the two character thing now.

Why is it that when you rotate overlays the overlay moves to a different spot?

It depends on the anchor point and/or how much transparent space is in the png image.

Well I rotated my overlay and it moved to a different spot is there a way I can fix that?

Change the anchor point location.

I did it still ends up in a different spot. :disappointed_relieved:

You’ll have to adjust the anchor point to a different spot. (0,0 - 0.5,0.5 - 1,1 are not the only spots, it can be 0.2, 0.7 or anything else) The red dots in the image below are the anchor points, it can be placed anywhere on the image (think about the x an y axis on a grid)

It also depends on where the overlay is placed in the png image of the overlay: like the book in the image below is not in the center of the png image. So if your overlay is not in the center, you will have to find the center point of the book, and that will be the anchor point.

Its like a circle overlay and I tried what you said about adjusting the anchor point look

&overlay PURPLE CIRCLE rotates 360 anchor point 0.8 0.8 in 1
@overlay GREEN CIRCLE rotates 360 anchor point 0.8 0.8 in 1

I just don’t want the overlay to move but to rotate.

I’ve managed to do the texting overlays (reviewed it on pc) and I thought it was a success until I viewed it on my phone. What did i do wrong?

My coding goes something like this:

BACKGROUND with OVERLAYNAME1

@overlay OVERLAYNAME scale
@overlay OVERLAYNAME shift
etc

BACKGROUND with OVERLAYNAME2

@overlay OVERLAYNAME scale
@overlay OVERLAYNAME shift
etc

Its diff from what you said on a thread because I couldnt see the overlay I added.

Your overlay is probably not in the center of the png image you uploaded, just like the image above with the book. The gray and white squares are the transparent part of the image, so that whole photo above is the whole png image, not just the book. Maybe try editing the png image of your overlay and putting the overlay is the dead center of that png image.

You need to add “in 0” to your overlay commands (it means in 0 seconds) otherwise the overlays will shift in to place super fast making it look glitchy.

I did that a while ago :sweat: Can I pm you the code so you can see what’s wrong?

For sure!

I just sent you the message! :smile:

I have this scene where my character jumps out of a window, but it looks kind of weird because she falls, stands up, and then lays on the ground again.
Is there any way to have her just fall and land on the ground, without her standing first?
I can show you the script:

EXT. ABANDONED HOME - NIGHT

@HAILEY spot 0.221 91 514 AND HAILEY is rear AND HAILEY faces right

sound scream_female2

@HAILEY walks to spot 0.221 97 257 in 1 AND HAILEY is surf_crowd_loop AND HAILEY faces left

@HAILEY is idle_lay_exhausted

Change that “is” to a does it while

@/HAILEY walks to spot 0.221 97 257 in 1 AND HAILEY does it while surf_crowd_loop AND HAILEY faces left

Thank you very much!

Hi Dara!

I had another quick question. Is there a way to create a Overlay in a different zone? Because I’ve been trying to create an Overlay i want and trying to position it; i was just wondering if there was an easier way?

Like, I know you can do: BACKGROUND with Overlay at spot in zone 2, but can you create an Overlay in a different zone? That is what I’m asking if it makes any sense at all.

Thanks for the help!! :slight_smile:

Yep, just add the zone number to the shifts command:

1 Like