Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

I just sent you the message! :smile:

I have this scene where my character jumps out of a window, but it looks kind of weird because she falls, stands up, and then lays on the ground again.
Is there any way to have her just fall and land on the ground, without her standing first?
I can show you the script:

EXT. ABANDONED HOME - NIGHT

@HAILEY spot 0.221 91 514 AND HAILEY is rear AND HAILEY faces right

sound scream_female2

@HAILEY walks to spot 0.221 97 257 in 1 AND HAILEY is surf_crowd_loop AND HAILEY faces left

@HAILEY is idle_lay_exhausted

Change that “is” to a does it while

@/HAILEY walks to spot 0.221 97 257 in 1 AND HAILEY does it while surf_crowd_loop AND HAILEY faces left

Thank you very much!

Hi Dara!

I had another quick question. Is there a way to create a Overlay in a different zone? Because I’ve been trying to create an Overlay i want and trying to position it; i was just wondering if there was an easier way?

Like, I know you can do: BACKGROUND with Overlay at spot in zone 2, but can you create an Overlay in a different zone? That is what I’m asking if it makes any sense at all.

Thanks for the help!! :slight_smile:

Yep, just add the zone number to the shifts command:

1 Like

AHA! Thanks a bunch, saves me a bit of coding haha :smiley: I’ll try doing that.

How do you zoom up to character legs to their face and then get it back to normal?

Hi, your threads have helped alot so I was wondering if you knew or maybe if you already have addressed this but how do you change the walk type action if that makes sense

Thank you in advance!

Do you mean like walking while angry, sad, scared, etc?

@pan to zone 2

@add Moving Box to SAPPHIRE

@SAPPHIRE spot 0.506 193 320 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND SAPPHIRE faces left

@SAPPHIRE walks to spot 0.668 69 245 in zone 2 AND SAPPHIRE is walk_box_neutral_loop

@SAPPHIRE is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop AND SAPPHIRE faces right AND SAPPHIRE moves to layer 3

So what I want Sapphire to do is to walk to a spot carrying the box and then stop and stand there with the box in her arms, but after she finishes walking for a second she goes to idle, and it looks really awkward with the box by her side for a moment, before she goes into the idle_box_carry_neutral_loop. So how do I stop her from going to idle?

Change that “is” to does it while

@SAPPHIRE walks to spot 0.668 69 245 in zone 2 AND SAPPHIRE does it while walk_box_neutral_loop

Ah- Thanks so much!

Yes that’s what I’m meaning

If the player customizes their friend how would they talk with the friends name they wrote on the speechbubble?

FRIEND [FRIENDNAME]
How are you today?

Like this?

You’ll need to have your characters walk to a spot while they are doing one of the walking animations.

@CHARACTER walks to [spot] and CHARACTER does it while [animation]

So for an example:
@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 100 0 and CHARACTER does it while walk_scared

@chr0nos You’d have make it yourself, and to get them to show up one by one you’d have to use sound and get the text bubbles one by one,

I did a character customization for the MC but I also want a character customization for the friend. How can I do it in the same episode without warnings of duplicate labels?