Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

You can’t have a label right after a scene change. remove the INT. BLACK - DAY

0 Likes

Please take a look at the beginner directing guide. It will tell you how to properly add in animations for characters.

@CHARACTER is animation

1 Like

Hi do you have a driving scence?

0 Likes

Hey Dara! 1 more quick question since you’re the expert on this… :hugs:

For Remembering Choices, if you use the ‘name the choice’ method, will it still remember the choice the reader chose in future chapters? I know the gains method does that, but I don’t really like using gains…

It might be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure before using it in a story and not have to rewrite everything if that is not the case! ^-^

0 Likes

Yep! It works just like gains and will carry on to future episodes.

1 Like

1 Like

I mean like a scene where the characters are in the car driving on a road (city road loop I think)

0 Likes

Okay looking now!

0 Likes

Since the background moves by itself, just place the car overlay in the scene:
BACKGROUND NAME with CAR OVERLAY in zone #

Then also place your character(s) in the scene using spot direction.

1 Like

Oooh, Awesome!! This will make things soo much easier, thanks again!! :pray:t2:

0 Likes

Hello!
How do you have characters walk at the same time, different positions and in a certain amount of time?

0 Likes

Use the & sign for one of the characters, or put them on the same line using “and”

&CHAR1 walks to [spot] in [time]
@CHAR2 walks to [spot] in [time]
or
@/CHAR1 walks to [spot] in [time] and CHAR2 walks to [spot] in [time]

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!:grin:

0 Likes

Can you send me something on remembering choices and choices that can be used in future episodes. I’m not exactly sure how to do it.

0 Likes

HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else)

0 Likes

How do you make a character move from one side of the screen to the other side of the screen?

0 Likes

If your character is at screen left, make them walk to screen right and vise versa.

1 Like

When I’m using spot directing how do I make the characters walk to a place without facing right afterwards?
&JORDAN walks to spot 0.839 156 238 in .5 AND JORDAN does it while talk_rear AND JORDAN faces right
&SOFIA walks to spot 0.749 103 269 in .5 AND SOFIA does it while deepbreath AND SOFIA faces right
in this script after .5 seconds they face right when I want them to continue to do the actions i assigned them

0 Likes

Make them face left after they walk to their spots.

1 Like

I was wondering for your character customization templates is there a faster way to than to write
@MOTHER changes into _________
between every line of changing?
Because I know you’re able to write it in the family section but you don’t have one so how am I supposed to do it with a fast method?

0 Likes