Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

thanks soooo much!!

honestly, I don’t know what that means or what it is. what is a ‘create command’??

@overlay OVERLAY create

Is there a way to keep characters onscreen between backgrounds so I don’t have to re-place them? :thinking:

Oh okay. Thanks anyways. I heard before there was
 I’m going to hope @Dara.Amarie has a different answer. :crossed_fingers:t3::slight_smile:

Thank you

Ok, so I’m feeling really stupid because I’ve had no trouble with this in the past, but how do you get a character to exit while saying something?

There isn’t, but what you can do is upload a background as an overlay and just add that overlay to the scene so you can keep your characters in that scene.

Use the & sign.

&CHARACTER exits left/right
     CHARACTER
Dialogue.

Okay, thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

Hi!
Can someone please help me with overlays? I don’t get how to put a gun in my MC’s hands.
Thanks in advance!! :relaxed:

The general command is:

@add Prop Name to CHAR

So for a gun, it would be:
@add Hand Gun to CHAR

And to remove the prop after your done:
@remove Prop Name from CHAR

Oh, that makes so much sense! Thank you!!

Just bumping this up!

I need a little help with the prop addition anytime I add the prop it shows an error
@add RED CUP to JONES and they say it’s not a valid directing command. Please I’m I doing something wrong. Thanks :thinking:

I still have no idea what you mean. I just won’t worry about it right now. Thank you anyway.

I’m assuming you don’t know much about overlay animations? You should take a look at this then

For the choice option to have more time, just pause for a certain amount of time. Or tell your readers to tap the screen when they are done reading. For this have the speech bubble at 0% so it doesn’t show up on screen.

NARRATOR
Are you done reading?
choice
“Yes” {
continue

} “No, I need more time.” {

NARRATOR
Okay, just tap the screen when you are finished.

@speechbubble is 160 160 to 0%
NARR

@speechbubble reset
}

When you have a speechbubble’s scale size at 0%, it does not show up on screen. So the background won’t change until someone taps the screen (like a tap to continue feature)